New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

cut and paste in iphoto

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

John F

John F will become famous soon enough

I am trying to sort 1100 pictures for a slide show. I have my pictures in an album. When I CUT several selected pictures, point to the desired destination, secondary click and get PASTE, click on PASTE, the pictures are inserted right at the end of the album, not in the place requested.

Is there a way around this? I would like to select where the pictures go, not dump them at the end and then have tio drag them back to the right destination.
QUOTE Thanks
John F

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
You are not assembling a slideshow correctly, which is why you are having problems.

1. Make an album (you've done this part). Arrange the photos in the order you want them in the album (ie, set sort to manual).
2. Create slideshow.

It is at the arranging part of the process that things do not seem to be working normally, and that is what my question concerned. I can select-drag-drop with no problem, however dragging ten or so pictures through eight hundred or so to a new place is a long and laborious process if you have to do it many times. Normally in a word processor, it is just a matter of CUTting the selection and PASTing it in a new location. In iPhoto, no matter where I PASTE the selection, it appears right at the end of the pictures. This is of course all done in manual sort mode.

Which part of the assembly did you think I was doing incorrectly? Your answer seems to be to a different question from the one I asked.

John F
QUOTE Thanks
John F

Thanks. Yes I feared that might be the answer. I am doing all those things, but it is a VERY slow process when large numbers of pictures are involved. I have been 100% Mac for at least ten years and it is rare to find a "Windows approach" that works better - that is why I had hoped there might be an equivalent way to do it with a Mac. I am doing all this on a Mac Air - nice but slower - which doesn't help, but the iMac at home is difficult to fit into carry-on luggage!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« problem using flash drive jpegs from a Mac on an HDTV | iPhoto unreadable files »