New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Official Desktop Customization Thread

Thread Closed

super_doop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Apple
cheers dude.
it saved the pic as a preview but i changed it in photoshop to a jpeg.

thanx

My desktop....
Your icons look very cool. I have been looking into the threads about customizing. Did you have to use a specific program to do that. I know this has been talked about before. I just think they look cool. I'll have to post some of my desktops on here.
Fomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Apple
cheers dude.
it saved the pic as a preview but i changed it in photoshop to a jpeg.
Just saw this...

fyi you can change it to jpg using preview by opening the pdf and going to file > Export > Choose jpg option... just n fyi Adobe takes sooo long to open. :cool:
Mr.Curlynose1

Click Here
Rusyn

MacAddikt,

What is the star next to your trash bin?
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

is there a way to just apply the icons or do you have to update all of the folders yourself
Fomer

In candybar you choose new folder icon and then everytime you make a new folder it has that icon..... if thatd what you mean?
MacAddikt

MacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: G52x1.81.53208x+/-

its my Games folder icon. I used to have a tetris icon, but i lost it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture-1.jpg (128.9 KB, 791 views)

Fomer

My Latest
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 1.jpg (88.4 KB, 636 views)
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

After some CandyBar works
Attached Images
File Type: jpg desk.jpg (106.0 KB, 618 views)
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

Lol, sorry yours are all nice, but mac addikt wins with the best
Rusyn

I SECOND that!!!!!!!
Kreza

am I the only one who likes the original blue background?
Stoomie

fomer is that desktop the gorillaz playing live?
Fomer

Yes.
Fomer

Macaddikt

Do you think you can upload or (bigmonkeykilla@comcast.net) (aim-mrderisory) that photoshop icon for me, mine doesn't have the little half circle (moon) around it. I presume that's 8.0, I have 7.0 but would like the icon if possible.

Thread Closed

« disable iPhoto | .CR2 files?!?! »