Adobe CS6 and CS5 Photoshop
    I have looked over Adobe CS6 Photoshop by working on the program via, trial. I do not see that CS6 is much different than CS5. In fact, the thing I TRULY noticed, and not much more, is look and feel of the interface - all black. But as far as new tools for photo manipulation and art creation, do any of you out there who uses Adobe CS - any version - who has used it for years, is it worth the crazy price of getting CS6 Master Collection? CS5 Master Collection is still extremely powerful. Perhaps I did not use the trial enough to notice a lot of changes - but if there are, I would love to have some feedback before making that decision.

Thanks,
    Jazz

Specs:
    Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
    If you are happy with CS5 then stick with it

I would only upgrade at the time when file swaps with clients or other users require you to have CS6
    Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? – use the rep system

Thank you, Louishen. Have you, yourself, seen or know of any major value difference in the two suites? It just looks to me that with CS5 or 5.5 (which I did not look at), Adobe has peaked out right now with so many tools and palettes, etc What are your thoughts on that if any?

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    I don't use the CS collection (I'm a self-professed philistine) but the question you're asking can be answered in the same way it can for most other applications: if the current version meets your needs, stay with it. Staying a version or two back is generally not a problem despite what is an unnecessary push for "the latest and the greatest."
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Specs:
    Way... way too many specs to list.
    Quote Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
    I don't use the CS collection (I'm a self-professed philistine) but the question you're asking can be answered in the same way it can for most other applications: if the current version meets your needs, stay with it. Staying a version or two back is generally not a problem despite what is an unnecessary push for "the latest and the greatest."
    The only caveat to this is that Adobe may not allow for upgrade pricing from older versions later. That said, I have 5.5 and really don't see a huge benefit from going to 6 personally.
    mike
    This machine kills fascists
    Got # ? phear the command line!

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
    The only caveat to this is that Adobe may not allow for upgrade pricing from older versions later. That said, I have 5.5 and really don't see a huge benefit from going to 6 personally.
    Good point. I just looked up the price differences and in the long run, it's almost worth upgrading even if you don't use it right away (so as to have the ability to enjoy the upgrades later). I did a price comparison - the full version of CS6 Design & Web Premium is $1900 while the upgrade is only $375 (from CS5.5). On the other hand though, you can upgrade from even older versions and while this may be more expensive, that may prove to be more economical.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

I am current user of CS5.5 and am happy with it. A fellow who works for Adobe Flash division told me that the Photoshop in CS6 has a "lot" of improvements and that it would be worth to upgrade. Adobe tells me that the entire suite (Master Collection) has to be upgraded, not individual components. For me it is not worth spending $325, so I am staying with 5.5.

I happen to think that's sound advice. I don't think going to CS6 is crucial with anything I have been doing, and like I said earlier, I simply do NOT see all these new improvements. CS5 has been rock solid. With that said, can you tell me what your opinions regarding CS5.5 vs. CS5 - is there a big leap there?

I upgraded from CS3, so am not sure what 5 had to offer. That being said, there is, obviously, a big difference from 3. I still have to learn a lot there, so no sense in upgrading again. Like Vansmith said, "if the current version meets your needs, stay with it". I love the puppet warp & content aware fill/delete features. That saves me a lot of cloning time.

Specs:
    Way... way too many specs to list.
    Quote Originally Posted by bimbisara View Post
    I upgraded from CS3, so am not sure what 5 had to offer. That being said, there is, obviously, a big difference from 3. I still have to learn a lot there, so no sense in upgrading again. Like Vansmith said, "if the current version meets your needs, stay with it". I love the puppet warp & content aware fill/delete features. That saves me a lot of cloning time.
    Both of these were improved from 5/5.5 to 6. Huge improvement from 3, just not as much from 5-6. I'll get 7 (i usually don't skip an upgrade, but when they're yearly...)
    mike
    This machine kills fascists
    Got # ? phear the command line!

Specs:
    13" Retina MBP 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by thedeathofjazz View Post
    Perhaps I did not use the trial enough to notice a lot of changes - but if there are, I would love to have some feedback before making that decision. Thanks, Jazz
    I spend a lot of time in CS6 and LR4.1; just learning the ins and outs of both as upgrades from the prior versions. For me and most other serious photographers I know, it was a no brainer for the new and upgraded tools.

Take a look at:

Photoshop CS6 New Features

Adobe® Photoshop® CS6 Learning Center | NAPP

Photoshop CS6 Beta Review: The Best Update In Recent Memory

https://partner.video2brain.com/timg...#/?c=13553&t=1

I just ordered my first Mac; happy to trade "assistance" anytime!
    My images – “NATURE INTERPRETED” – can be viewed at http://www.luvntravlnphotography.com
    Details of our adventures are posted at http://www.travelpod.com/members/luvntravln

Thread Information