Desperately need assistance ASAP with Paintbrush
    Hope I have put this in the correct forum.

My Computer Specs.
    Model Name: MacBook
    Model Identifier: MacBook1,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core Duo
    Processor Speed: 1.83 GHz

I need assistance creating a clickable image to be submitted in classified ads. I need to have these images done this way so that I can upload them into my Photobucket. There doesn't seem to be any instructions out there for Mac's to accomplish this as for MS PC's. I assumed I could follow the MS PC instructions and procedures required to paste my prepared image. However, have found that this is not the case.

All I am trying to do is copy my prepared ad from the word document and paste my prepared ad into Paintbrush. My problem occurs when I try to paste an image into Paintbrush (a necessary requirement to do what I need to do). Once I have this image in Paintbrush, I can upload it into Photobucket. This is all I need to be able to do.

I have already done the following due diligence to try to resolve this:

1. Viewed many, many Youtube videos on creating clickable images. However, they have all been for MS PC's.
    2. Tried many, many times to implement the instructions checking to make sure I have not missed something.
    3. Viewed tutorials on how to use Mac Paintbrush (none address what I am trying to accomplish)
    4. Have Googled and checked out many links pertaining to Paintbrush.
    5. Have read the material till I am cross-eyed.

Is there someone who can help me with my dilemma or at least point me in the right direction to have my problem solved.

Thanks so very.
    Marcia3

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    I'm confused by your post. Maybe I'm old, but a classified ad is something that appears in a printed newspaper. There's nothing "clickable" in a newspaper.

If you meant you need a clickable image for something like Ebay or Craig's list (etc), what you really mean is "how do I post an image with the URL I want people to go to accompanying it?"

The answer to that is that you create an image and place it on a website (a "hosting" website or your own) along with some HTML code.

Here's a tutorial.

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Air 2, New AppleTV (4?)
    Perhaps post a link to a similar ad that someone else has done so we can get a better idea of what you're trying to achieve
    Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

RE: Mac Paint Brush - Thanks For Responding To My Inquiry
    Thank so much for taking time to respond to my inquiry.

Through perseverance and trial and error on my part I was able to FINALLY figure out what to do even.

Thanks again.

[
    QUOTE=mrplow;1401603]Perhaps post a link to a similar ad that someone else has done so we can get a better idea of what you're trying to achieve[/QUOTE]
    Marcia3

Thanks for responding to my Paint brush Inquiry
    Chas_m,

Thanks for responding to my inquiry.

I guess I was not clear enough in my submission to the forum. I ought to have clarified things by saying "Online Classified Ads." I assumed (and we know where that gets most of us ) that since I was talking about computers others on the forum would have realized I was talking about "Online" Classified ad submissions.

Your solution didn't really address my issue. Through much trial and error on my part I finally was able to figure out what to do. I kept getting stuck on the "creating an image" part on Mac Paintbrush. Taking a "snap shot" was the missing information I needed.

Since figuring out how to do this on a Mac, I have already been able to submit a couple of ads on "Online" classifieds websites.

However, I do appreciate you taking the time to try to help me resolve my problem.

Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    I'm confused by your post. Maybe I'm old, but a classified ad is something that appears in a printed newspaper. There's nothing "clickable" in a newspaper.

If you meant you need a clickable image for something like Ebay or Craig's list (etc), what you really mean is "how do I post an image with the URL I want people to go to accompanying it?"

The answer to that is that you create an image and place it on a website (a "hosting" website or your own) along with some HTML code.

Here's a tutorial.
    Marcia3

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Sorry I couldn't be of more help, I guess I'm not familiar with online classified ads.

Glad you figured out what you were missing and let us know. It certainly might help someone with a similar question.

Thanks
    Good morning, chas_m.

Free classified ads sites are a great resource for sharing one's businesses or products. Especially if a person is on a limited budget as I am at the present time.

I will submit the process I took to resolve my problem as soon as I can. It would be great to help someone else.

Thanks again, and have a GREAT day!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    Sorry I couldn't be of more help, I guess I'm not familiar with online classified ads.

Glad you figured out what you were missing and let us know. It certainly might help someone with a similar question.
    Marcia3

Thread Information