New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Photos from iPad to Macbook?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rleboutillier

rleboutillier is on a distinguished road

Last week my hdd went on my macbook. I had some pics sync'd to my iPad from my iPhoto library. Since I never had these pics backed up on my macbook, my iPad is the only source I have now. Is there a way to get these pics back onto my macbook?

I have tried connecting to a PC but can only import Camera Roll. I have tried connecting to iPhoto, but can only import from Camera Roll. I have tried Senuti, but can get video but not pics. Any other ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

You may be able to use iExplorer - Formerly iPhone Explorer, is an iPhone browser for Mac and PC

Is the HDD really dead? Assuming you've replaced it now have you tried connecting it via usb (in an enclosure or USB to SATA adapter)?

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
rleboutillier

rleboutillier is on a distinguished road

The pics aren't on camera roll, they were sync'd with iTunes from my iPhoto library. Hdd is dead, I have tried connecting with an adapter....it won't mount. I did however solve my problem....Dropbox allows me to upload the photos, then I can download them on my MacBook.
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

good stuff, thanks for posting back.

PS welcome to the forums

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Pse10 | Photoshop, Illustrator, or ??? »