New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

screen capturing for tutorials.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

gapinwales

gapinwales is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

i have been on youtube for most of the weekend as i am new to the Final Cut Pro X family. i have watched a million and one tutorials on how to to use, and fair enough, i feel competent. I have a few friends on Facebook who like a recent project, albeit basic. I was wandering what would be the best screen capturing software for me to actually show them, and would prefer if it had audio recording too. Price isn't really an issue as i know mac stuff is not cheap, but would prefer something reliable and of good value... any helpers?

cheers in advance

Greg.
QUOTE Thanks
McYukon

McYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9

Quicktime has screen recording built-in.

I'm told Adobe uses this, Screen recording and video compression applications for Mac | shinywhitebox - great software for mac
There's also this Screencasting Software - ScreenFlow Overview - Telestream

10 Clever Screen Recording Tools for Mac | Mac.AppStorm

Use the reputation system if a post helps you!
Mac Forums IRC Channel - Help build it by hanging out with us
The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.
QUOTE Thanks
gapinwales

gapinwales is on a distinguished road

oh my god! so it does thank you McYukon... Appreciated. the things we learn.
QUOTE Thanks
Ghostshadow

Ghostshadow is a jewel in the roughGhostshadow is a jewel in the roughGhostshadow is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook G3 - You'll be missed.

Screenflow is fantastic. You can edit directly in the app and you can also pre-prep it before you export to Final Cut as well. Screenflow gives you many options that some of the other apps don't. You can highlight the foreground window and zoom it up while blurring the background out and much more. The pricetag is kind of steep if you don't plan to use it very often, but if you know you'll utilize it quite a bit, then it's totally worth it.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« NIK Silver Effects Pro 2 Test | iphoto vs canon's photo software »