New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Font Question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Benjamindaines

Benjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro

I would like to make a font of my own hand writing. I know I would need a Wacom tablet and photoshop (already have PS). How exactly would I go about doing this?

--Thanks

QUOTE Thanks
surfwax95

surfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook G4 24" iMac iPhone 3Gs

Fontifier

Check it out. Download a template, make all of your characters, e-mail it back and they make the entire thing for you...

I really don't know how other than this.

Good Luck! :mac:

I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.
QUOTE Thanks
Benjamindaines

Benjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfwax95
Fontifier

Check it out. Download a template, make all of your characters, e-mail it back and they make the entire thing for you...

I really don't know how other than this.

Good Luck! :mac:
I don't really want to have to pay for it (yes I know not wanting to pay 9$ makes me sound cheep). I can borrow a Wacom tablet from a friend to do this so I think that would be a better way to do it.

QUOTE Thanks
lil

What about FontForge for X11?

Not at all Apple standard compliant but very competent and I use it. Also to convert fonts from TTF/OTF etc. to Type 1 and you can create fonts too, it may take some time as I am not sure how it would interact with the Wacom tablet.

http://fontforge.sourceforge.net/

It's free, and it works. Ise it mostly for converting fonts suitable for TeX/LaTeX.

Fontforge Screenshot

Vicky
QUOTE Thanks
MadSkillzMan

MadSkillzMan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Dual G5 powermac

Fontlab 4.6 works wonders

new vid 8/8/05
QUOTE Thanks
Maul

Maul is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro

I know macromedia makes a program called fontographer. I used it once and it worked fine. It kind of lookd like the fontforge.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Does anyone have this wallpaper? | Non-PS printing »