New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Multnomah Falls Oregon

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bobmielke

bobmielke is a jewel in the roughbobmielke is a jewel in the roughbobmielke is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 21.5" iMac 3.06 I3, 16Gig Ram, OSX 10.6.8

I took a drive in the rain this morning in the hopes that I'd get to try out my new Tokina 11-16mm F/2.8 lens for my Nikon D7000. I actually had this shot in mind before I bought the lens. It allows me to walk right up to the handrail to get everything in one shot. No need to stitch frames together.

Bob
iMac, iPad, iPod Nano
QUOTE Thanks
indychris

indychris will become famous soon enough

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL shot, Bob!
QUOTE Thanks
bobmielke

bobmielke is a jewel in the roughbobmielke is a jewel in the roughbobmielke is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by indychris View Post
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL shot, Bob!
I just noticed that I didn't edit out the water droplet on my lens filter. oops!

Bob
iMac, iPad, iPod Nano
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

I wish I could just follow you around for a while... beautiful spot and shot
QUOTE Thanks
bobmielke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLachoreVPI View Post
I wish I could just follow you around for a while... beautiful spot and shot
I do too. I would blow your mind with the places I've been. This was handheld with an 11-16mm F/2.8 Tokina lens. It has no Vibration Reduction so my camera holding technique had to be on its game. The funny thing is that I had a top notch Manfrotto tripod in my car but knew I could get the shot without it.
Not bad for a 1/15" exposure.

Bob
iMac, iPad, iPod Nano
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

My wife and I were right there 6 years ago next month. Our one and only trip to Oregon.

If I were given just one wish it would be . . . that I could have three more wishes!
QUOTE Thanks
indychris

indychris will become famous soon enough

That was handheld? Even more stunning, IMO. What was your shutter speed? You captured the water movement beautifully!
QUOTE Thanks
bobmielke

Quote:
Originally Posted by indychris View Post
That was handheld? Even more stunning, IMO. What was your shutter speed? You captured the water movement beautifully!
1/15" second shutter speed. I braced my body against the front railing.

Bob
iMac, iPad, iPod Nano
QUOTE Thanks
bobmielke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razormac View Post
My wife and I were right there 6 years ago next month. Our one and only trip to Oregon.
It's just a 45 mile ride to Multnomah Falls from my apartment. There's an incredible amount of beauty within a 50-70 mile radius of my home.

Bob
iMac, iPad, iPod Nano
QUOTE Thanks
bobmielke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razormac View Post
I hope you had a chance to check out a few of the natural wonders this area offers. Once you've seen the area you'll always want to return. 6 months ago puts you in our prettiest weather season. I'm sure you were comfortable, cool and dry. You may have also noticed that we have few bugs here, a blessing compared to other parts of this country.

Bob
iMac, iPad, iPod Nano
QUOTE Thanks
firesidedog

firesidedog is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook pro,2009,Mavericks, 2.66 ghz, 4gb ram, hdd 320gb Ipad2 32gb wifi+3g Ipod touch 3rd. gen.

My wife and I took a ten day road trip through Oregon. We loved it! We went right up the center of Oregon to Astoria, then drove the whole coastal route back to San Francisco, Ca.

A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
Albert Einstein
QUOTE Thanks
j0nb0y32

j0nb0y32 is a jewel in the roughj0nb0y32 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmielke View Post
I just noticed that I didn't edit out the water droplet on my lens filter. oops!
well, you've lost me. can't see any droplets at all...apart from the one we are supposed to see of course.

cracking photo btw.
QUOTE Thanks
bobmielke

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0nb0y32 View Post
well, you've lost me. can't see any droplets at all...apart from the one we are supposed to see of course.

cracking photo btw.
That's because I went back and edited out the droplet. This forum keeps the ability to edit active for a long time. Thank you for the positive feedback.

Bob
iMac, iPad, iPod Nano
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Ah, the Pacific Northwest ... let's face it, it's awesome most of the time.
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

I was wrong, it was 8 years not 6 years ago we visited.

Here is one from the parking area. Sorry about the glare, did my best to shield with my hand.

This is approaching the bridge at the upper falls base.

If I were given just one wish it would be . . . that I could have three more wishes!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Perfect Photo Suite - $199 Is it worth it? | I Took The Plunge »