New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus ē Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts ē Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Printing From iPhoto - Help!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

OneSmallStep

OneSmallStep is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7/3.4GHz, 12GB RAM, OSX 10.7.2

Having switched from Windows to OSX late last year Iíve more or less learned the Mac way of doing things but one little thing is bugging me when trying to print photographs.
I often want to print the same photo multiple times on a single piece of A4 photo paper. In Windows this was simple, for example to print 4 I just highlighted the photo, select print, set number of copies to 4 and finally select the 9 x 13 cm. (4) page template and print.
For the life of me I canít work out how to do this in iPhoto. I can print four different photos on one A4 page but not the same photo.
Can anyone help Please!
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

I'm using the latest iPhoto and can't find a way to do what you're asking for either. We're probably both missing it, but in the meantime you can download the free Portraits & Prints app from Econ Technologies and just get on with it. Works great with the iPhoto Library, and lots (and lots and lots) more options for printing, including the ability to create and save templates.
QUOTE Thanks
OneSmallStep

Thank you for your reply. I'm guessing that with over 400 views to this post and no replies this can't be done from iPhoto or OSX. This simple but useful feature is built into Windows so thats the first Plus Point to Windows I've found since switching to the Mac platform three months ago :-)
Anyway, thanks for pointing me to Portraits and Prints. It does exactly what I need.
QUOTE Thanks
Strukt

Strukt will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB

My wife was going to print in the same manner and we had problems finding the correct settings. In the end I tried with Aperture and got it to work there. Google around for an Aperture trial and you may be able to print it. Not a long term solution because it means to shell out some cash but it would work in this instance.

My Blog: Apple Laptops
QUOTE Thanks
badshoehabit

badshoehabit will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Mac Book Pro MC721: 500GB 15.4" 16GB Core i7 OS Mavericks 10.9.2 iPhone 4s 16gb

After much trial and error, gnashing of teeth, hair pulling, I managed to find how to do this:

Open iphoto
>Select photo(s)
>File
>Print + options box appears (screen shot A)
1) Select standard layout
2) In 'Print size' box, choose print size ie 4x6, 3x5 etc
3) Customise
New screen appears with one photo on page (screen shot B)

> Go to options bar at bottom of screen
> Select settings (far right)
> Open 'photos per page' drop down menu where you can choose from one photo per page, several photos per page or SAME photo per page (screen shot C)

A
[/URL]

B
[/URL][/IMG]

C
[[/URL][/IMG]
QUOTE Thanks
OneSmallStep

You clever old thing! I too spent ages trying to sus out how to do it (not wanting to believe Apple would omit such a useful thing) but I had given up thinking it wasn't possible.

Hey, I thought it was easier to do things on a Macs compared to windows (Just joking
QUOTE Thanks
badshoehabit

badshoehabit will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Mac Book Pro MC721: 500GB 15.4" 16GB Core i7 OS Mavericks 10.9.2 iPhone 4s 16gb

Not too much of the old, thankyou (too close to the truth)!!!!

In replying, I have learnt how to do a screen shot so i'm very pleased as well!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Camera connections | image replication in iphoto »