New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Apple Rendering Software

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Gladia

Haved Apple ever thought in a rendering software?
QUOTE Thanks
rs2sensen

rs2sensen is a jewel in the roughrs2sensen is a jewel in the roughrs2sensen is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black

What kind of rendering are you referring to?

http://www.apple.com/shake/
http://www.apple.com/finalcutstudio/motion/
http://www.apple.com/finalcutstudio/finalcutpro/
QUOTE Thanks
sursuciofla

VOTE rs2sensen Mac-Forums MotM for November! rs2sensen does so much for this country :black:
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

What does this have to do with the posters question? Please don't be obnoxious. Besides, you'd better read Graphite's rules, you don't want to be banned for life

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
Gladia

Thank you guys. The shake software is for compositing and visual effects, and the Motion & Final Cut Pro is for graphication and video editing. They work after you have your image or video to apply "effects". I wonder a rendering software that offers a high image end for 3D models: architecture, industrial design, animation. Is a software to apply textures, lithing quality, with different kinds of render: photo realistic, radiosity, drawings style render, animations of objects...
QUOTE Thanks
rs2sensen

rs2sensen is a jewel in the roughrs2sensen is a jewel in the roughrs2sensen is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladia
Thank you guys. The shake software is for compositing and visual effects, and the Motion & Final Cut Pro is for graphication and video editing. They work after you have your image or video to apply "effects". I wonder a rendering software that offers a high image end for 3D models: architecture, industrial design, animation. Is a software to apply textures, lithing quality, with different kinds of render: photo realistic, radiosity, drawings style render, animations of objects...
There are several programs I know of that can do the type of rendering you describe. Is there a program you currently use on PC that you would like an equivalent of for mac? I ask this because if there is one that you do use, there may either be a mac version of it, or one similar to it as far as interface and controls.
QUOTE Thanks
Gladia

Yes, I understand, and I actually use one, thinking in anohter one stronger, but if it's made by Apple should be more powerfull, optimizing the x-grid technology and the hardware as well.
QUOTE Thanks
sursuciofla

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweb
What does this have to do with the posters question? Please don't be obnoxious. Besides, you'd better read Graphite's rules, you don't want to be banned for life
Actually he answered the question for me and as far as what I posted it is all in good fun. And unless I missed a rule which I highly doubt here is the one you may be referring to:

"If any member begs for votes or nominations, they will be banned for life."

I have not asked for votes nor do I want votes for MF-MotM for myself EVER. On the other hand it doesn't say anything about posting of others. So that is so open for interpretation it is not even funny. Maybe it should be amended but until then I think I am within the rules from the way I read them. Have I even begged for votes or nominations, Nope. Are people who post signs for their campaign in a city election begging for votes? I guess it is all about what you consider to be begging. Now if I go around PMing and posting vote for ME, now I would consider that begging.

So in short I don't think I have done anything wrong, imo, other than maybe not answering the original posters question but now I will.

DITTO on what rs2sensen said. That's the only rendering I can think of but it all depends on what type of rendering you are talking about.
QUOTE Thanks
Avalon

Avalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really nice
Mac Specs: PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB

What about Cinema 4D? Seems to be pretty good and powerfull...
QUOTE Thanks
Gladia

That's the one I use, it's great and extremely powerfull, and now more in de version 9.5. Thanks anyway but I've got my own conlusions: RenderMan, they won't compete with their partners.
QUOTE Thanks
rs2sensen

Yeah, whenever Apple enters into a new market with their own software, they tend to drive everybody else out. For example, when Adobe no longer makes Premier for Mac anymore, because they consider that market to be controlled by Final Cut Pro. It doesn't make sense to compete in a Niche market (video editing), for a niche platform (mac).
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« virtual dub | Animation help plz »