New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Delete from photostream

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mockney

mockney will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Mac Book Pro '15' i7 Quad Core, iPhone 5, iPod (U2), time capsule (2tb), apple tv.

Can I request some advice,

On my iphone within the photo library I have the photostream. Now I can turn this off in my settings but I only want to delete certain photos rather than disable photostream altogether.

Can I delete the photos off photostream without actually deleting the photo from the library?.

I.e. can I select what photo's I want to appear within photostream?. I use apple TV and the photostream screensaver so I want only certain pictures to appear and not one's from a drunken christmas party (but I dont really want to delete the actual photos).

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mockney View Post
Can I delete the photos off photostream without actually deleting the photo from the library?.

I.e. can I select what photo's I want to appear within photostream?
No. Photostream, as it stands right now, is worse than useless because you simply cannot control what goes in that stream. Everything you save to your camera roll… every photo you take… they all automatically hit the stream. Deleting a photo off the camera roll has no effect. There is literally nothing that can be done to manage it. They are there for a month, then they drop off. It has got to be one of the stupidest things Apple has ever done.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
mockney

mockney will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Mac Book Pro '15' i7 Quad Core, iPhone 5, iPod (U2), time capsule (2tb), apple tv.

Thanks for the advice, completely agree what's the point in this functionality if you are not in control of what is seen in the photo stream. I have disabled it until they make it more useable.
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mockney View Post
Thanks for the advice, completely agree what's the point in this functionality if you are not in control of what is seen in the photo stream. I have disabled it until they make it more useable.
As far as I know, the only person who can see your photostream is you.

So what's the functionality? Ease of transfer of your photos between your devices. Nothing more.

It's somewhat handy getting images off of my iPhone.. assuming I actually used iPhoto, it might be handier.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

Saying it's worth than useless because of this lack of control might be a tad over the top. I find it very useful - but definitely agree that they need to give the user more control over what goes in and comes out of the Photostream. Still - I use it several times a week in spite of this shortcoming.
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
As far as I know, the only person who can see your photostream is you.
And anyone you are showing your Photostream to. Or on shared devices.

Quote:
So what's the functionality? Ease of transfer of your photos between your devices. Nothing more.

It's somewhat handy getting images off of my iPhone.. assuming I actually used iPhoto, it might be handier.
I can't remove blurry pictures. "Test" pictures. Duplicate pictures. "Embarrassing" pictures. And so on. It's an awful implementation. If you want to wirelessly sync your photos, there's an app named PhotoSync that is great. I sync what I want, when I want, to the iDevices/computers I want. That is much handier.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Yeah, I probably just don't care, because I don't use it. The vast majority of my images are on cf cards anyway. I assume you guys have done the feedback bit?

mike
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
Yeah, I probably just don't care, because I don't use it. The vast majority of my images are on cf cards anyway. I assume you guys have done the feedback bit?
Feedback? Ummm… *ahem*… ahhh…. heh heh. Oh look… SQUIRREL!
And yes yes… I was being a bit over the top in calling it useless earlier. I can concede that.

------
------
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Lol!! Okay, I concede the feedback link is largely a joke

mike
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Desktop Image. | Adding hyperlink to jpg image? »