Specs:
    Mac Book Pro '15' i7 Quad Core, iPhone 5, iPod (U2), time capsule (2tb), apple tv.
    Delete from photostream
    Can I request some advice,

On my iphone within the photo library I have the photostream. Now I can turn this off in my settings but I only want to delete certain photos rather than disable photostream altogether.

Can I delete the photos off photostream without actually deleting the photo from the library?.

I.e. can I select what photo's I want to appear within photostream?. I use apple TV and the photostream screensaver so I want only certain pictures to appear and not one's from a drunken christmas party (but I dont really want to delete the actual photos).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mockney View Post
    Can I delete the photos off photostream without actually deleting the photo from the library?.

I.e. can I select what photo's I want to appear within photostream?
    No. Photostream, as it stands right now, is worse than useless because you simply cannot control what goes in that stream. Everything you save to your camera roll… every photo you take… they all automatically hit the stream. Deleting a photo off the camera roll has no effect. There is literally nothing that can be done to manage it. They are there for a month, then they drop off. It has got to be one of the stupidest things Apple has ever done.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Specs:
    Mac Book Pro '15' i7 Quad Core, iPhone 5, iPod (U2), time capsule (2tb), apple tv.
    Thanks for the advice, completely agree what's the point in this functionality if you are not in control of what is seen in the photo stream. I have disabled it until they make it more useable.

Specs:
    Way... way too many specs to list.
    Quote Originally Posted by mockney View Post
    Thanks for the advice, completely agree what's the point in this functionality if you are not in control of what is seen in the photo stream. I have disabled it until they make it more useable.
    As far as I know, the only person who can see your photostream is you.

So what's the functionality? Ease of transfer of your photos between your devices. Nothing more.

It's somewhat handy getting images off of my iPhone.. assuming I actually used iPhoto, it might be handier.
    mike
    This machine kills fascists
    Got # ? phear the command line!

Specs:
    March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
    Saying it's worth than useless because of this lack of control might be a tad over the top. I find it very useful - but definitely agree that they need to give the user more control over what goes in and comes out of the Photostream. Still - I use it several times a week in spite of this shortcoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
    As far as I know, the only person who can see your photostream is you.
    And anyone you are showing your Photostream to. Or on shared devices.

So what's the functionality? Ease of transfer of your photos between your devices. Nothing more.

It's somewhat handy getting images off of my iPhone.. assuming I actually used iPhoto, it might be handier.
    I can't remove blurry pictures. "Test" pictures. Duplicate pictures. "Embarrassing" pictures. And so on. It's an awful implementation. If you want to wirelessly sync your photos, there's an app named PhotoSync that is great. I sync what I want, when I want, to the iDevices/computers I want. That is much handier.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Specs:
    Yeah, I probably just don't care, because I don't use it. The vast majority of my images are on cf cards anyway. I assume you guys have done the feedback bit?
    mike

Quote Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
    Yeah, I probably just don't care, because I don't use it. The vast majority of my images are on cf cards anyway. I assume you guys have done the feedback bit?
    Feedback? Ummm… *ahem*… ahhh…. heh heh. Oh look… SQUIRREL!
    And yes yes… I was being a bit over the top in calling it useless earlier. I can concede that.

------
    ------

Specs:
    Lol!! Okay, I concede the feedback link is largely a joke
    mike

Thread Information