New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

book of poems in iPhoto

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

applephile

applephile is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac, Macbook Air, both with Lion and MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard. iPad, iPhone, iPod touch

I would like to make a book of my husband's poems with some accompanying photos. The poems are in Word so how do I get them onto the iPhoto page please?
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

You don't.

iPhoto's bookmaking abilities are for photo books, not books with a lot of text in them.

You'll want to look at a third-party company that offers templates more suited to what you want to do, for example Blurb's Booksmart.
QUOTE Thanks
applephile

Mac Specs: iMac, Macbook Air, both with Lion and MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard. iPad, iPhone, iPod touch

Thank you, Blurb looks good.
QUOTE Thanks
Sawday

Sawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 24" Aluminium, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb RAM. iPad2, iPhone4

Or type the poems in word in whatever font you prefer You could even import a photo into word as a background. Scan the pages as a .jpg and then import them into iphoto.

Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you get.
QUOTE Thanks
applephile

Thank you.
QUOTE Thanks
badshoehabit

badshoehabit will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Mac Book Pro MC721: 500GB 15.4" 16GB Core i7 OS Mavericks 10.9.2 iPhone 4s 16gb

If you are in Europe I'd suggest

Photobox

who do several book formats which you can adapt by adding more/enlarging photo boxes, moving text boxes around, changing fonts and colours). You would copy and paste the poems from Word into a text box then adjust font, size etc. Uploading photos is simple. I did an A4 full colour 24-page hardback cookery book and was delighted with quality and professional finish of the product.
QUOTE Thanks
applephile

Thank you. I shall try that as I am in the UK too.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Question- Aperture 2/Lion | CS2 Indesign word spacing... »