New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Photography Showcase

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

FritzDaCat

FritzDaCat is on a distinguished road

Very nice image, McYukon!

You've inspired me to go ahead and share one of my own~

This is Valley Oak, Planet Venus. From my film days, captured with Pentax 6x7 on ISO 50 Velvia. 10 seconds @ f/8. No filters, no Photoshop.

Back then, there were no histograms and RAW capture. We had to rely on straight TTL average metering and experience, and then hold our breath until the transparencies came back from processing Shooting with digital is SO much more fun. Like Doug b says, we have everything we need now to capture great images on the spot and be confident in the results. Keep up the great work, McYukon!

**not sure how to upload the full size image other than attaching it~~
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Valley Oak, Planet Venus 1.jpg (1.63 MB, 235 views)

Last edited by FritzDaCat; 01-18-2012 at 02:49 AM.
QUOTE Thanks
decoman

decoman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by McYukon View Post

Just before the cold snap of -36 şC hit. Brrrrrrr
great picture!

Nice not to have lights from the big city to mask out that awesome sky....

24" imac 2009 core 2 duo
2.66 intel Duo Core / 13" mb 2010 / mbpro
ipod touch 1st generation 8gb / Ipod touch 4 gen 8 gb /
iphone 5 16gb / IPad 2 32 gig wi-fi / ATv2
QUOTE Thanks
McYukon

McYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9

Wow, nice image there FritzDaCat!
Love changing sky color!

Doug, thanks for all the info. I haven't checked out Lr 4b yet, but it's on my todo list

Use the reputation system if a post helps you!
Mac Forums IRC Channel - Help build it by hanging out with us
The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.
QUOTE Thanks
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FritzDaCat View Post
Very nice image, McYukon!

You've inspired me to go ahead and share one of my own~

This is Valley Oak, Planet Venus. From my film days, captured with Pentax 6x7 on ISO 50 Velvia. 10 seconds @ f/8. No filters, no Photoshop.

Back then, there were no histograms and RAW capture. We had to rely on straight TTL average metering and experience, and then hold our breath until the transparencies came back from processing Shooting with digital is SO much more fun. Like Doug b says, we have everything we need now to capture great images on the spot and be confident in the results. Keep up the great work, McYukon!

**not sure how to upload the full size image other than attaching it~~
Holy mother of... That's awesome Fritz! Those colors are without a doubt something you can't just bake into a digital file. Velvia no less! I'd love to shoot film exclusively, to be honest. But it's danged expensive. Though I do love that it makes you think a lot more about what you're shooting and how...

Did you scan the image yourself?

Doug
QUOTE Thanks
FritzDaCat

FritzDaCat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug b View Post
Holy mother of... That's awesome Fritz! Those colors are without a doubt something you can't just bake into a digital file. Velvia no less! I'd love to shoot film exclusively, to be honest. But it's danged expensive. Though I do love that it makes you think a lot more about what you're shooting and how...

Did you scan the image yourself?

Doug
Thanks, Doug!

Image was drum-scanned at West Coast Imaging which just happens to be in my backyard in Oakhurst, CA.

I REALLY wish that shooting film wasn't so expensive. I don't shoot with it much anymore and I miss the resolution for large prints. But the convenience of digital is so amazing. To be able to shoot something, take it home and view it, process it and have it ready for print and/or publication in a matter of an hour or two is incredible! At least for those of us that grew up shooting film.
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

We got cubs! Ok, I'm all excited since I hadn't seen the cubs before.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
calams

calams will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2,66 GHz Mem. 4Gb

5d+85/1.2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg staying for Ortensia.jpg (360.8 KB, 205 views)
QUOTE Thanks
Sprool

Sprool will become famous soon enough

One of my favourite water drop photos
QUOTE Thanks
Sprool

Sprool will become famous soon enough

Frosty morning
QUOTE Thanks
TilkiliKiz

TilkiliKiz is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Processor:2.7GHz Intel Core, 4GB 1333 MHz, Mac OS X Lion, 27 in. display

Recently cooked up a Turkish dessert called Helva, the variety with Molasses and pecans, and it was a sunny Saturday afternoon so I decided to set up a picture of some, in the gold light when the sun was starting to set. Makes really lovely dream like lighting
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HelvaandPecans.jpg (53.3 KB, 155 views)
QUOTE Thanks
alwaysMac

alwaysMac is on a distinguished road

Orchid for Chinese New Year celebration.

QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Sunset : Bolton Point NSW

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Chuckoir

Chuckoir is a jewel in the roughChuckoir is a jewel in the roughChuckoir is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb

Lovely shot, Tattoo! How early did you have to wake up to get that shot? I find sunsets are much more sociable.

I don't think this needs much explanation...

Play the guitar?! Check out the [newly created]Mac-Forums guitar thread!
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckoir View Post
Lovely shot, Tattoo! How early did you have to wake up to get that shot? I find sunsets are much more sociable.
I had been awake about 15hrs . . . . . . It is a sunset image. Just look above the picture
And thanks for the kudos

Like yours too.

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!

Last edited by TattooedMac; 01-28-2012 at 10:34 PM.
QUOTE Thanks
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

Agreed. Lovely Image there tat. I also really like yours, Chuck.

Doug
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Crop image to exact pixel size | i5 vs i7 for Photoshop »