New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Photography Showcase

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyr View Post
what a nice effect - triple exposure?

I remember getting these in the old days when I'd forgot to wind the film on - sometimes the results were like this, most times they were not so good / interesting!
No mate, was a double exposure, but done in Camera Nikon D7100 and its image stacking. Looking at it, it looks like a Multiple Exposure (as they call it in camera settings) but is image stacking via the Image Editing Settings.

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Exodist

Exodist is a jewel in the roughExodist is a jewel in the roughExodist is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD, dual 23" LED Displays

One of my classic photos..

All Rights Reserved..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ExodistPhoto-20130125-0020.jpg (253.0 KB, 94 views)

NEW!! Exodist Photography Video Blog
***If someone helps you, please don't forget to use the reputation system.***
QUOTE Thanks
smb

smb is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.5 i7, 24GB. Drobo5D EHD. Mac Book Air. 2010 15" Mac Book Pro. Retired 2008 (3.1) Mac Pro

Sun Star at night.
QUOTE Thanks
Exodist

Exodist is a jewel in the roughExodist is a jewel in the roughExodist is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD, dual 23" LED Displays

Quote:
Originally Posted by smb View Post
Sun Star at night.
Generic 6pt star filter. I got a few of 6s and 8s to play around with.

QUOTE Thanks
nickyr

nickyr is a jewel in the roughnickyr is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: late 2012 IMac 27", mid 2010 Macbook, OSX 10.9.4, iPhone 5, iPad 3, iOS 7, Apple TV 3, iPod Classic

got up at 3.30 last Saturday to catch the sunrise - at this time of year it comes up over Swansea Bay but behind this lighthouse at the Mumbles, so I was anxious for a good morning when the tide was out to get this

thank goodness for The Photographer's Ephemeris and the tide tables!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_2944.jpg (838.0 KB, 70 views)

what have the Roman's ever done for us?

QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Beautiful photo! But I have to say.... sunrise at 3:30AM just ain't natural, except of course if you live in the UK!

By the way, the most beautiful sunrises that I have experienced is when I was working in Hawaii. Staying up all night on the beach and watching that big red ball come up out of the Pacific Ocean - fantastic.
QUOTE Thanks
nickyr

Mac Specs: late 2012 IMac 27", mid 2010 Macbook, OSX 10.9.4, iPhone 5, iPad 3, iOS 7, Apple TV 3, iPod Classic

Thank you :-)

I was up at 3.30am, not the sun! Sunrise last Saturday was 5.21am - this was taken at about 5!

I had to come to my senses, get to my destination (about a 20 minute drive) and then set up at the exact spot I wanted. I was lucky as about 2 minutes after I took this the tide was lapping at my tripod! All done, home and back in bed without waking Mrs R by 6!

Hawaii? Now there's a thought...

QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
thank goodness for The Photographer's Ephemeris and the tide tables!
That is a gorgeous shot mate. Any Post Processing ?? What glass and Sutter Speed and so on did you use ??

On The Photographer's Ephemeris, do you have the Mac App ?? or the iPad/iPhone App ?
I have the free Mac App and has been a big help in the past, but I wasn't sure if the iPad/Mini App is worth the $10.99 they are asking for it in Aust . . . I know the Mac App has the basic of all features, and I see the iOS App have other tabs in the App, but is it worth the outlay ? In your opinion ?

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
nickyr

Thanks Brent

I used my old manual focus Nikon 24mm set at f11. Shutter speed was 6 seconds with ISO 200. I also used a Hitech twilight filter and a 0.9 ND grad. These have added a bit of a colour cast but I actually quite like it - gives the photo a more dramatic look.

I did some post processing in LR5 to lift the colour in the sky, but I do find my D700 better at capturing colour than my old D90. The light that morning was really soft and perfect for a sunrise shot though.

I only use the mac version of TPE as I tend to shoot locally so know the areas I'll be working in, meaning I can plan ahead for sunrise / set positions and times, etc. I think the IOS version is overpriced to be honest, but perhaps someone on here (anyone?) who uses it could convince us otherwise?

QUOTE Thanks
FritzDaCat

FritzDaCat is on a distinguished road

Since sunrises in Hawaii were mentioned....

Here's a shot from the Hana Coast of Maui. And as mentioned: up very early in the darkness to be on location when the time arrived

Sunrise Makaalae Point, Hana Coast, Maui

SunriseMakaalaePointFinal2014.jpg
QUOTE Thanks
nickyr

these are called the "lady falls" or to give them their Welsh name "sgwd gwladys".

this was taken with a Nikon D3100, f11 at 30 seconds, 3 stop ND filter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sgwd-Gwladys_edited-2.jpg (869.3 KB, 48 views)

QUOTE Thanks
GrannySueSnaps

GrannySueSnaps is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro, iPhone 5S, iPad Mini Retina

I was on my dock fishing when I felt something pulling on my shoe strings. It was this and one of it's siblings. Scared me enough I started screaming!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rocking Raccoon.jpg (218.0 KB, 40 views)

GrannySueSnaps
Sue Stinnett
http://grannysuesnaps.photos
QUOTE Thanks
Exodist

Took not to far from my home here in the Philippines.. Was on a Vintage kick last month.. Enjoy..

BTW, my blog is back up and running.. Youtube channel is /ExodistPhotoBlog and my main website is at www.ExodistPhoto.com..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ExodistPhoto - 20140613 - 64.jpg (511.1 KB, 21 views)

QUOTE Thanks
nickyr

with that old hut and the farmer working his ox, that photo could have been taken any time in the last couple of hundred years

QUOTE Thanks
Exodist

Quote:
with that old hut and the farmer working his ox, that photo could have been taken any time in the last couple of hundred years
Thats what I love about these photos. Which also inspired me to give them a vintage look. Many of the farmers inland live in houses similar to that hut and use all water buffalo and plows to till the fields. I wanted to give the photos the feel that were took in the 50s and 60s. I have 26 photos total. Want 4 more to round it off to 30. Got my eyes set on a few targets but also waiting for my Tamron 70-300 to come in first..

Here is another one for ya.. Local Taxi per haps? Called Peddy Cabs..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JoeJackson - 20140106 - 53.jpg (368.9 KB, 16 views)

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How do I open a MRI CD? | new to mac and resizing photos. »