Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930 LastLast

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Quote Originally Posted by nickyr View Post
    what a nice effect - triple exposure?

I remember getting these in the old days when I'd forgot to wind the film on - sometimes the results were like this, most times they were not so good / interesting!
    No mate, was a double exposure, but done in Camera Nikon D7100 and its image stacking. Looking at it, it looks like a Multiple Exposure (as they call it in camera settings) but is image stacking via the Image Editing Settings.
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Specs:
    L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
    One of my classic photos..

All Rights Reserved..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Joe's Photo & Video Channel on YouTube
    Lightroom, Photoshop, FCP, Gear Reviews and more...
    ***If someone helps you, please don't forget to use the reputation system.***

Specs:
    iMac 27" 3.5 i7, 24GB. Drobo5D EHD. Mac Book Air. 2010 15" Mac Book Pro. Retired 2008 (3.1) Mac Pro
    Sun Star at night.

Specs:
    L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
    Quote Originally Posted by smb View Post
    Sun Star at night.
    Generic 6pt star filter. I got a few of 6s and 8s to play around with.

Specs:
    late 2012 IMac 27", early 2015 MBPr, early 2014 MBA, mid 2010 MB (10,11.4), iPhone 6 (iOS 9).
    got up at 3.30 last Saturday to catch the sunrise - at this time of year it comes up over Swansea Bay but behind this lighthouse at the Mumbles, so I was anxious for a good morning when the tide was out to get this

thank goodness for The Photographer's Ephemeris and the tide tables!
    nobody expects the Spanish inquisition...

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Beautiful photo! But I have to say.... sunrise at 3:30AM just ain't natural, except of course if you live in the UK!

By the way, the most beautiful sunrises that I have experienced is when I was working in Hawaii. Staying up all night on the beach and watching that big red ball come up out of the Pacific Ocean - fantastic.

Specs:
    late 2012 IMac 27", early 2015 MBPr, early 2014 MBA, mid 2010 MB (10,11.4), iPhone 6 (iOS 9).
    Thank you :-)

I was up at 3.30am, not the sun! Sunrise last Saturday was 5.21am - this was taken at about 5!

I had to come to my senses, get to my destination (about a 20 minute drive) and then set up at the exact spot I wanted. I was lucky as about 2 minutes after I took this the tide was lapping at my tripod! All done, home and back in bed without waking Mrs R by 6!

Hawaii? Now there's a thought...

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    thank goodness for The Photographer's Ephemeris and the tide tables!
    That is a gorgeous shot mate. Any Post Processing ?? What glass and Sutter Speed and so on did you use ??

On The Photographer's Ephemeris, do you have the Mac App ?? or the iPad/iPhone App ?
    I have the free Mac App and has been a big help in the past, but I wasn't sure if the iPad/Mini App is worth the $10.99 they are asking for it in Aust . . . I know the Mac App has the basic of all features, and I see the iOS App have other tabs in the App, but is it worth the outlay ? In your opinion ?
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Specs:
    Thanks Brent

I used my old manual focus Nikon 24mm set at f11. Shutter speed was 6 seconds with ISO 200. I also used a Hitech twilight filter and a 0.9 ND grad. These have added a bit of a colour cast but I actually quite like it - gives the photo a more dramatic look.

I did some post processing in LR5 to lift the colour in the sky, but I do find my D700 better at capturing colour than my old D90. The light that morning was really soft and perfect for a sunrise shot though.

I only use the mac version of TPE as I tend to shoot locally so know the areas I'll be working in, meaning I can plan ahead for sunrise / set positions and times, etc. I think the IOS version is overpriced to be honest, but perhaps someone on here (anyone?) who uses it could convince us otherwise?

Since sunrises in Hawaii were mentioned....

Here's a shot from the Hana Coast of Maui. And as mentioned: up very early in the darkness to be on location when the time arrived

Sunrise Makaalae Point, Hana Coast, Maui

SunriseMakaalaePointFinal2014.jpg

Specs:
    these are called the "lady falls" or to give them their Welsh name "sgwd gwladys".

this was taken with a Nikon D3100, f11 at 30 seconds, 3 stop ND filter.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro, iPhone 5S, iPad Mini Retina
    Rockin Bandit
    I was on my dock fishing when I felt something pulling on my shoe strings. It was this and one of it's siblings. Scared me enough I started screaming!
    GrannySueSnaps
    Sue Stinnett
    http://grannysuesnaps.photos

Specs:
    Took not to far from my home here in the Philippines.. Was on a Vintage kick last month.. Enjoy..

BTW, my blog is back up and running.. Youtube channel is /ExodistPhotoBlog and my main website is at www.ExodistPhoto.com..

Specs:
    with that old hut and the farmer working his ox, that photo could have been taken any time in the last couple of hundred years

Specs:
    with that old hut and the farmer working his ox, that photo could have been taken any time in the last couple of hundred years
    Thats what I love about these photos. Which also inspired me to give them a vintage look. Many of the farmers inland live in houses similar to that hut and use all water buffalo and plows to till the fields. I wanted to give the photos the feel that were took in the 50s and 60s. I have 26 photos total. Want 4 more to round it off to 30. Got my eyes set on a few targets but also waiting for my Tamron 70-300 to come in first..

Here is another one for ya.. Local Taxi per haps? Called Peddy Cabs..

Thread Information