New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Looking for Logo and Business Card Design Software

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

EndlessAuto

EndlessAuto is on a distinguished road

I just purchased my first Mac computer, a 27" iMac Quad Core. I'm going to be using it to run my business as well as design the website and do other graphic design, photo editing, and video editing.

I've already decided on purchasing the following software to help do those deeds:
1. Pixelator (Was going to look a Photoshop, but after reading reviews I think this will work fine for my need)
2. Rapidweaver (For web design)

I was also wondering if anyone here has used any software specific for logo designing and for business card design?

Does anyone know if Pixelator or Rapidweaver have trials so I can try them out first?

Thanks guys/gals!
QUOTE Thanks
dekan

dekan is a jewel in the roughdekan is a jewel in the rough

Both have trial version (easy to find out when you go to their websites).

I have used Rapidweaver before, but I'm really not a fan of it at all. The program doesn't work well at all as soon as you are trying to modify the code in a server-side language (e.g. php). I guess if you are just planning on "clicking" your site together it might work alright. Just my own experience...

QUOTE Thanks
EndlessAuto

I've never done ANY web design so I'm looking for ease of use. I have populated a shopping cart site, but never have done the actual design. I'm definitely going to do there trial versions to make sure I don't waste any money on something that doesn't work for me. The big question mark for me now is logo design and setting up my business cards...I've google searched and found a few, but I don't know if the reviews were just setup as marketing by the software producer or if they are real life reviews.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Since you appear to be JUST interested in business card and logo design rather than the graphic arts proper, I'd suggest Business Card Composer and Art Text from BeLight.

You can also compose basic (very nice looking, but template-driven) business cards in Pages, part of the iWork suite (you can find out more about Pages on Apple's website). Serious professionals tend to use other tools (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) but these are extremely expensive for casual use. BCC and Art Text is likely to get you well on your way.
QUOTE Thanks
EndlessAuto

Thanks for the suggestion chad m! Those look like some nice options. I tried downloading the trial version of Logo Design Studio, but it won't let me open it....any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
Peakoverload

Peakoverload has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 3.1Ghz 16GB RAM, 1TB HD. iPhone 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessAuto View Post
Thanks for the suggestion chad m! Those look like some nice options. I tried downloading the trial version of Logo Design Studio, but it won't let me open it....any ideas?

Do you mean Logo Design Studio from Summitsoft? If so there are two versions for it. Logo Design Studio (latest version currently V4) is a PC program. Logo Design Studio Pro (latest version currently V2) is a Mac program. There isn't a trial of Design Studio Pro so it looks as though you've downloaded the PC version.

Macware Products - designed for the Mac OS X user by Macware
QUOTE Thanks
EndlessAuto

That must have been what I did...I have to remember to look to make sure its Mac compatible next time...I'm so used to PCs. Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Marcia3

Marcia3 is on a distinguished road

Hi, chas_m!

My problem seems to be kind of related to this thread.

Maybe you can help me resolve a problem I am having with printing out my business cards using the FREE business card (Label) function on the Word on my Mac.

1. I created my business cards using Avery 8373 Business Card Template.
2. I inserted an image of a picture I wanted to appear on the top, left-hand corner of the card.
3. I printed a sample (and this is where the problem appeared).
4. The text of the business card printed just fine.
5. However, the image (picture) printed OUTSIDE of the card parameters.
6. I went back to the card and adjusted the position of the image thinking that might resolve the problem.
7. However, when I previewed the card, the image was still way out of the card parameters again.
8. I tried to google for assistance with business cards on Mac. At the links I viewed I had already done what was in the instructions (I think )
9. Of course, it was suggested that I get the Business Card Composer. I really do not have the funds to do that yet. Shouldn't a person be able to make a business card using the "LABEL/Business Card" function on the Word Document on Mac?

How do I get my image to stay within the parameters of my business card?

I hope I have been clear in presenting my dilemma.

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
Since you appear to be JUST interested in business card and logo design rather than the graphic arts proper, I'd suggest Business Card Composer and Art Text from BeLight.

You can also compose basic (very nice looking, but template-driven) business cards in Pages, part of the iWork suite (you can find out more about Pages on Apple's website). Serious professionals tend to use other tools (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) but these are extremely expensive for casual use. BCC and Art Text is likely to get you well on your way.

Marcia3
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Aperture 4? & vs. Lightroom | iphoto problem »