New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

i want to get photoshop

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

w...b

w...b is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: powerbook 12-inch G4 1.55ghz 80g 512mb superdrive

ok.. so this is the first mac i got, and it looks to me that it can do some pretty amazing stuff. and since ive been on this forum all i see is everyones amazing wallpapers and desktop configurations. so i wanna get photoshop now to try and make my own. my question is where do i get this photoshop?
QUOTE Thanks
zap2

try gimp, its free, if you like it then perhaps you can move up to PhotoShop, if u just wnat PS, to to the online story

Illegal stuff no-no on forums!!
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_a...&lo_p=0&hi_p=0

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
macAttack

macAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook

elements 3!!!
QUOTE Thanks
brewcityjay

If your a student or know someone that is then, academicsuperstore.com is a great place to pick up software...prices are looow.
QUOTE Thanks
sursuciofla

http://www.sprysoft.com is a very good place for academic discounts. Plus no tax and free shipping. i buy all my software from them if it is available there. Adobe also has a free 30-day trial you can download from their website so you can check it out.
QUOTE Thanks
iHeartSTI

iHeartSTI is an unknown at this point

i went to sprysoft and looked for CS2 and saw that they had it for $288

[link]http://www.sprysoft.com/photoshop-academic/p_30015.html[/link]

that cant be right. and no where on the page did i see the words "upgrade"

is CS 2.0 the same as the CS2 i see in stores?

it also says its the "academic" version. does that change anything?

thanks,

-adam

p.s. yea, i know its PC software, but question still remains
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHeartSTI
i went to sprysoft and looked for CS2 and saw that they had it for $288

[link]http://www.sprysoft.com/photoshop-academic/p_30015.html[/link]

that cant be right. and no where on the page did i see the words "upgrade"

is CS 2.0 the same as the CS2 i see in stores?

it also says its the "academic" version. does that change anything?

thanks,

-adam

p.s. yea, i know its PC software, but question still remains
Holy old thread, Batman!

And yes, that is correct. It is a student discount site, so the only way to get it at that price is to prove you are a student.
I got the entire CS2 package (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, GoLive) for $199 with my student discount.

MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
iBeldar

iBeldar will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: '08 White MB 2.1ghz - 4GB- 120GB- Superdrive - Snow Leopard

Lol, hope you didn't pay for Acrobat. Its free... lol

White Penryn Macbook 08'
2.1GHZ C2D - 4GB RAM - 120GB HD - Combo Drive - Snow Leopard - Windows 7 Professional
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeldar
Lol, hope you didn't pay for Acrobat. Its free... lol
Acrobat Reader is free.

The actual application Acrobat is not.
Big difference between the two.
:black:

QUOTE Thanks
BiT

BiT is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 20" Intel core duo iMac. 15.4" MBP, 100GB, 256MB vRAM, 1GB RAM, 2.16GHz

Acrobat Reader reads the files, and Acrobat reads and writes.
QUOTE Thanks
Odin_aa

Odin_aa is a jewel in the roughOdin_aa is a jewel in the roughOdin_aa is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcityjay
If your a student or know someone that is then, academicsuperstore.com is a great place to pick up software...prices are looow.
seconded. great pricing, also college bookstores have the acedemic version which operates the same as the non-ed versions

http://www.lightcafe.net

New servers, much faster than before
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« analogue clock on desktop | Clip Art... ? »