New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Picasa3 duplicate file delete

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

SleeperSS

SleeperSS is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27"iMac OS X 10.7.5 Core i5

Like the title says…Under Tools/Experimental/Duplicate files. Can the files shown all be deleted, or will that also include the originals? IK've made a few errors in moving files from the laptop (Dell) to my iMac, and have imported the same files more than once. I'd like to get rid of them but don't want to delete them all. Any help??
QUOTE Thanks
SleeperSS

SleeperSS is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27"iMac OS X 10.7.5 Core i5

I'm guessing Picasa's not too popular here….
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

It's not that helpful a feature to be honest it shows all the files that are duplicated. You still have to individually select the copy to delete.

To give yourself some assurance on how it works create a folder and put two or more copies of an image in and add it to picasa. Show duplicates. One you delete a duplicate in Picasa both images should disappear from the duplicate list but one image should remain in the folder.

Hope I've made sense there!

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« accessing iphoto (on an ipad2) from a macbook air | Gif simple mac app »