iPhoto question please?
    1/
    If I copy pictures from my camera directly into the pictures folder on my mac and then import them from the pictures folder into iPhoto, do I end up with the original pictures being duplicated?

2/
    If I import my pictures straight from the camera into iPhoto where are the imported pictures to found in Finder?

Any advice welcome please!

Specs:
    Way... way too many specs to list.
    1) Yes, iPhoto copies the files into it's own package in the ~/Pictures directory.

2) They're in ~/Pictures/iPhoto\ Library Don't mess with them in the file system, or you'll break iPhoto.
    mike
    This machine kills fascists
    Got # ? phear the command line!

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    To reiterate what Dysfunction said, everything repeat EVERYTHING you might want to do with your photos needs to be done from within the iPhoto program, including handing them off to a third-party editor if needed. You *DO NOT* mess with the iPhoto library package unless you enjoy losing data.

Thanks Folks! I have pretty much got the message. I will leave the iPhoto library well and truly alone.

Thanks again!

More iphoto to imac to backup device questions....
    Ok here is my problem...I have 3,000 pics/vids on my iphone. The phone is full, and I need to get them to my seagate backup. So, I plug in the phone, and I stumble through iphoto (06) to download to my imac. I can't tell what happened, because they all seem to be duplicated, and NOT in order. How do I tell if I have downloaded them all (so I can clear iphone for next round of photos/vids), and how do I then proceed to get them off my imac, and on to a backup? Thanks...

Specs:
    iMac: 24" Aluminium, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini2, iPhone5s
    Quote Originally Posted by newguy21 View Post
    Ok here is my problem...I have 3,000 pics/vids on my iphone. The phone is full, and I need to get them to my seagate backup. So, I plug in the phone, and I stumble through iphoto (06) to download to my imac. I can't tell what happened, because they all seem to be duplicated, and NOT in order. How do I tell if I have downloaded them all (so I can clear iphone for next round of photos/vids), and how do I then proceed to get them off my imac, and on to a backup? Thanks...
    Doesn't answer your question but why did you import them into iPhoto and not move them to their own folder or direct to the Seagate drive?

As to where they are depends on how the preferences are set in iPhoto - see advanced tab to see if they are copied into iPhoto or not.
    Experience teaches you to recognise a mistake when you make it again.

Thread Information