New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

What Graphic Design Software Do You Use?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macuser1232

macuser1232 can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: Early 2011 13 inch MacBook Pro i5 with 8gb of Ram

I use Cinema 4d. I wish I had Xara 3D, but they dont make a Mac version. I've emailed them before and they said they weren't planning on making version. So I emailed them back just saying that they should definitely reconsider making a Mac version! I haven't gotten an email back since though.
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Aaaaaarrggghhhh! My eyes! My eyes! That font color… so sooo… blindingly bad!

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
Leukeh

Leukeh is a jewel in the roughLeukeh is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM

Graphic design or 3D modeling? For design I use the Adobe Creative Suite (CS5.5 Design Premium at work, CS5 Master Collection at home). Oh, and Lightroom for a lot of my photography work.
I don't have any 3D modeling software apart from Blender but I never really got the hang of it. I'd like to learn 3D but don't want to put in the hard yards

Behance Design/Photography Porfolio
QUOTE Thanks
macuser1232

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
You weren't wearing 3D glasses when you read it, apparently Bob.

To the OP: I'm not sure that "graphic design" is the common term (at least in the Mac community) for 3D programs like Cinema4D. I think the common term is, um, well, 3D design.

There are many 3D design programs available for the Mac, ranging from architectural to landscapes to character modelling. Here's a quick list of some options.

A lot of companies that swore they'd never go Mac have reconsidered over the past few years, so maybe Xara will "see the light" at some point. If they don't, every Mac sold today is more than capable of running Windows so you could just go that route.
How could you not go mac! I absolutely love my mac! I don't think I ever want to go back to pc's and windows!
QUOTE Thanks
Feniks80

Feniks80 is on a distinguished road

I use Photoshop CS4 and Aperture for design; for 3D modeling i use Zbrush 4 and Sculptris.
QUOTE Thanks
jaskaeyes

jaskaeyes is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" Imac, 15" Macbook Pro 2.0GHz quad-core Intel Core i7

I use CS5 for design. Cinema 4D, Lightwave and some Maya for 3D. Lightroom for photography.
QUOTE Thanks
macuser1232

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
Aaaaaarrggghhhh! My eyes! My eyes! That font color… so sooo… blindingly bad!
what are you talking about?
QUOTE Thanks
True Bassist

True Bassist is a jewel in the roughTrue Bassist is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M

Quote:
Originally Posted by macuser1232 View Post
what are you talking about?
It's been edited.
QUOTE Thanks
macuser1232

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaskaeyes View Post
I use CS5 for design. Cinema 4D, Lightwave and some Maya for 3D. Lightroom for photography.
awesome ya i might get cs5 soon. cinema 4d is just really difficult to use and is for experts. thats why they either made xara 3d for mac or had some equivalent
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I found Steve Jobs @Kaiser | CS3 raw image previews OSX 10.7 »