Importing photos - new mac user
    Hi! I want to import my son's pictures into my own mac account. We share a mac computer and each have an account. The pictures are in his account and I want to use those pictures to create a slideshow. I can't find a way to access them. MY questions:

1) Is there a way to get those pictures over to my account without removing them from his account to use in a slideshow.

2)He has the pictures also on his ipod. Can I sync from that into my own account if need be? I get nervous b/c it says something about replacing the pictures, I don't want them deleted from his ipod.

I am a new mac user (from years of pc use in which I am very proficient and now feeling like a big dummy).

Thank you very much for any assistance! (I am on a MacBook, three years old, and he has a 3rd Gen. Ipod)
    Michelle

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by mfirm View Post
    Hi! I want to import my son's pictures into my own mac account. We share a mac computer and each have an account. The pictures are in his account and I want to use those pictures to create a slideshow. I can't find a way to access them. MY questions:

1) Is there a way to get those pictures over to my account without removing them from his account to use in a slideshow.

2)He has the pictures also on his ipod. Can I sync from that into my own account if need be? I get nervous b/c it says something about replacing the pictures, I don't want them deleted from his ipod.

I am a new mac user (from years of pc use in which I am very proficient and now feeling like a big dummy).

Thank you very much for any assistance! (I am on a MacBook, three years old, and he has a 3rd Gen. Ipod)
    Michelle
    Copy the iPhoto library to a shared folder and then both of you can access the same pictures.
    Mac 101: File sharing
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    If this is a one-time kind of thing, might be easier to just COPY the pictures into a folder inside the Shared folder, then move them into your own account rather than permanently change the iPhoto library into a shared one.

Thread Information