Publisher equivalent for mac
    Hi,

For my job I need to make brochures on past events etc which can be up to 30 pages. I have used microsoft publisher for this on my mac for which I need to use parallels. I want to get rid of parallels as it is the only application I need it for and I need a mac equivalent.

I've tried using pages but it doesn't show the page layout. It's perfect if you only have 1 page! The booklet is on a folded A4 page making the pages A5.

I tried Quark but that is too sophisticated for what I need to do and I didn't know where to begin!

Does anyone have any other suggestions or advice?

Thankyou

Specs:
    Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
    Probably the nearest thing to publisher is the open source DTP app Scribus

Scribus - Scribus.net

Best thing is is is free
    Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system

Thanks for that, I downloaded it and when i went to open it i got this message...

"Ghostscript is not installed on your system, or Scribus is not configured with the path to the software."

This is possibly due to the Lion update I just did on my computer and Scribus hasn't been updates. Any other ideas?

Specs:
    Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
    Does the app start up at all, Ghostscript is its printing system and may need to be downloaded separately

Download GPL Ghostscript 8.71 Free - An open source interpreter for the PostScript language and for PDF - Softpedia
    Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Does anyone have any other suggestions or advice?
    I was a MS Publisher user for years and basically was disappointed that I couldn't find anything for OS X that was as simple to use.

That was until I discovered iStudio Publisher (currently on sale at the App store for $17.99). We now use iStudio to do all our bulletins and flyers. Very easy to use and powerful. Doesn't have all the fancy templates that MS Publisher has but unless you really need ready made templates you can design your own.

iStudio does not need Ghostscript or anything else to work. And it was just updated several days ago to be compliant with the new Lion OS X.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Uh, yes Pages does too show the page layout. I use it for multiple-page documents all the time. Not sure what the OP is talking about at all there -- maybe he's in WP mode and doesn't realize it or something?

Thread Information