New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

iPhoto runs painfully slow

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Qslim

Qslim is on a distinguished road

I need a hand with iPhoto. I've been having some serious performance problems with the program, and I have no idea what to do. I'll start by saying I don't know a thing about repairing permissions, rebuilding things, and all that.. I'm not a computer guy, so if the problem is obvious to you experts out there, take it easy on me.
So, I don't have a terribly large collection of photos, probably around 1000... But using the program has become nearly impossible. If I make any adjustment to a photo, i.e. name, levels, effects etc..., I get the spinning beachball for minutes at a time until I can move to the next picture. It can take nearly ten minutes just to make simple adjustments to three pics.
I looked at my pictures folder, and the iphoto library is 9 something gigs. I'm using the latest version of iPhoto, running the latest version of Leopard on a macbook. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Launch iPhoto holding down the shift, option and command keys. You will be presented with a dialogue box of repair options. Check everything and let it do its thing.

Report back and let us know if that helped.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How to organize fragmented image library | OS Lion & CS5 & Aperture »