New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Photo Problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jayluna

jayluna is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MB Pro, 2.66 GHz Intel Core, Mac OS X Lion NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512 MB 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3 2 Duo,

The other day I downloaded some photos from a picture cd to my desktop.:cool:

Now that I no longer need the photos, they appear to be locked and cannot be deleted or moved from the desktop.:mad:

Is there anyway I can get around this to delete them, unlock them, somehow get rid of them? :confused:

Thanks alot.

MacBook Pro Early 2009
2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3
QUOTE Thanks
sursuciofla

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayluna
The other day I downloaded some photos from a picture cd to my desktop.:cool:

Now that I no longer need the photos, they appear to be locked and cannot be deleted or moved from the desktop.:mad:

Is there anyway I can get around this to delete them, unlock them, somehow get rid of them? :confused:

Thanks alot.
YES! I have run into that problem often and the problem is that the files came from a cd off a windows machine and when you dump them on mac they are locked. Just go into the folder or select all of the photos by holding SHIFT, then while holding that click on eack image to select them all. Then go to FILE-GET INFO and deselect the LOCK. This should unlock all of the images and you should be able to move them to trash and dump it.
QUOTE Thanks
jayluna

Mac Specs: MB Pro, 2.66 GHz Intel Core, Mac OS X Lion NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512 MB 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3 2 Duo,

Quote:
Originally Posted by sursuciofla
YES! I have run into that problem often and the problem is that the files came from a cd off a windows machine and when you dump them on mac they are locked. Just go into the folder or select all of the photos by holding SHIFT, then while holding that click on eack image to select them all. Then go to FILE-GET INFO and deselect the LOCK. This should unlock all of the images and you should be able to move them to trash and dump it.
Thank you for your reply.

I tried that several times before my post, I probably should have included that.... either way, the lock and unlock option is shaded, and is no longer an option.. The included picture should show you what problem I encounter.

MacBook Pro Early 2009
8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3
QUOTE Thanks
sursuciofla

Interesting. What kind of file is it? Also does it say the same when you just click on one at a time?
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

If you can't unlock it then

Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal

type in 'cd desktop' hit enter
type 'sudo rm filename.jpg' hit enter and type in your password

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
jayluna

Quote:
Originally Posted by sursuciofla
Interesting. What kind of file is it? Also does it say the same when you just click on one at a time?
They're regular JPEG images... and oh I figured it out... Thanks alot. It turns out you could only unlock them one at a time... ha ha. Thanks again. :cool:

MacBook Pro Early 2009
8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3
QUOTE Thanks
sursuciofla

Sweet!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Transferring photos from your camera | Digital Camera Options for student »