New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

clip art

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

santa

santa is on a distinguished road

I have been a microsoft publisher user for years and have enjoyed access to unlimited clip art for my publications.
I don't seem to find collections of clip art for use in Microsoft word for Mac. What do you all use for clip art? I bought one huge collection that I have used in the past for PC that claimed to be for Mac and then it didn't work. Help please.
Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Clipart's there but the way to access it will differ depending on what version of Word you're using. If you're using 2011, on the ribbon, go to Home > Insert > click the picture. You can access the browser and gallery there. Here is a picture of the location in case the description didn't make much sense.

word2011_clipart.png

You can also go to Insert > Clip Art.

If that doesn't work, why not just insert images manually? Any particular reason that you need clipart? If you do need it, there is always MS's site here.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
santa

santa is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the reply. I have used the clip art browser and gallery, I find it very limited.
for example there was one ice cream cone picture when I looked for ice cream. I was making a poster for an ice cream social. The images from MS web site don't want to open when downloaded. Maybe I'm using the wrong file extension? I'm stuck.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

How are you trying to use the clipart? If I open the clipart gallery > Import and select the file, it allows me to import it without a problem.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Latest iPhoto Update | converting .jpgs to 1 .pdf file - please help! »