Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: i photos

  1. #1


    Member Since
    Jul 09, 2011
    Posts
    24
    i photos
    Why can I not find i photos on my macbook? Can anyone help me with this? I thought it was part of snow leopard software.

  2. #2

    RavingMac's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 07, 2008
    Location
    In Denial
    Posts
    7,880
    Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by confused_chris View Post
    Why can I not find i photos on my macbook? Can anyone help me with this? I thought it was part of snow leopard software.
    You should have the icon in your dock. But if you search for i photos you won't find it. It is iPhoto. No 's' and no space between the 'i' and the 'P'
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

  3. #3


    Member Since
    Jul 09, 2011
    Posts
    24
    excuse me for the spelling of the program and I know it should be on my dock, but it's no where in my system at all

  4. #4


    Member Since
    Jan 22, 2010
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    20,911
    Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Although iPhoto comes pre-installed on every new Mac, it is NOT in fact part of the Snow Leopard software. If you've erased your drive and re-installed Snow Leopard, neither it nor the other parts of iLife will be present. You need to install iLife separately -- either from the original discs that came with your Mac, or you can buy a new copy (either a DVD from an Apple retailer containing the whole iLife suite for $49, or you have the option of just buying iPhoto from the Mac App Store for $15.

  5. #5

    mfranz's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 08, 2011
    Posts
    8
    Specs:
    2.7Ghz Quad Core i5, 1Tb HD, 4GB 1333 MHz DDDR3 SDRAM, AMD Radeon HD 6770M graphics, OSX, 21.5"
    Quote Originally Posted by confused_chris View Post
    excuse me for the spelling of the program and I know it should be on my dock, but it's no where in my system at all
    Your initial question was "Why can I not find i photos on my macbook?" Razormac was merely pointing out that your misspelling would keep a Spotlight search from finding it for you. If you reenter your search as "iPhoto" it will tell you if it is indeed missing from your system. If it is, simply purchase it from the App Store as Chas_M suggested.

    I mainly lurk here, just having switched to an iMac myself in March. This forum is a LOT tamer than some of the others I read. Ask your questions and don't be so quick to assume they're they're criticizing you when they're trying to help. You'll learn a lot more that way.

    Good luck and enjoy your toys.

  6. #6

    RavingMac's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 07, 2008
    Location
    In Denial
    Posts
    7,880
    Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by mfranz View Post
    Your initial question was "Why can I not find i photos on my macbook?" Razormac was merely pointing out that your misspelling would keep a Spotlight search from finding it for you. If you reenter your search as "iPhoto" it will tell you if it is indeed missing from your system. If it is, simply purchase it from the App Store as Chas_M suggested.

    I mainly lurk here, just having switched to an iMac myself in March. This forum is a LOT tamer than some of the others I read. Ask your questions and don't be so quick to assume they're they're criticizing you when they're trying to help. You'll learn a lot more that way.

    Good luck and enjoy your toys.
    Thanks for that.
    I wondered when I read the reply if I had bungled my post . . . because ^^^ is exactly what I intended.
    We have a lot of misspellings show up (I do it myself) but if you don't spell it at least close a search won't find it.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

  7. #7

    mfranz's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 08, 2011
    Posts
    8
    Specs:
    2.7Ghz Quad Core i5, 1Tb HD, 4GB 1333 MHz DDDR3 SDRAM, AMD Radeon HD 6770M graphics, OSX, 21.5"
    Your reply was fine. Some people just bring issues to forums that can make the rest of the users scratch their heads.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. editing size of photos in PHOTOS
    By jubob2 in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-08-2015, 11:23 AM
  2. Photos : where is my photos library for use with Pages and Mail
    By KitBoyE17 in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-25-2015, 01:58 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-09-2012, 05:06 PM
  4. Organizing photos using Iphoto - How to categorize photos so it doesnt all get mixed
    By JoachimDelsett in forum Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-09-2010, 07:49 AM
  5. Some photos play, some photos don't - iMovie 08.
    By Snorwood Eagle in forum Movies and Video
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-01-2008, 09:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •