New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

CS5 loading Q

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Craig Ryder

Craig Ryder is on a distinguished road

HI:
New to MAC and CS5.
I have been using Lightroom 3 for a week or so with a couple plugins. l load CS5 and when I click the icon it tells me: "You can't open the application Adobe Photoshop CS5 because it may be damaged or incomplete." I had just loaded it from a disk (B&H Photo.)

I call Adobe and they want $60 to diagnose my computer. It is a brand new iMAC. Everything else is working fine. I am new to MACs having received the computer just a few days ago. (longtime PC user)

Anyone have this problem or have an idea what is wrong?

Thanks and Cheers,
QUOTE Thanks
dekan

dekan is a jewel in the roughdekan is a jewel in the rough

I'd try to reinstall the software from your disk, reenter your serial number/registration code and try again.

QUOTE Thanks
Craig Ryder

Hi:
Tried that.
It only takes about 30 seconds and tells me it is already installed. Should I dump all the CS5 stuff in the trash and start from scratch?

Thanks,
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

It should have it's own uninstall. Check your application folder.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
Craig Ryder

Hi I have several files in applications. Adobe Bridge, Device Central, Extension Mng, CS5. None show an uninstall.

Thanks,
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ryder View Post
Hi I have several files in applications. Adobe Bridge, Device Central, Extension Mng, CS5. None show an uninstall.

Thanks,
Mine says otherwise. >_>"

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
Craig Ryder

Mine does not look that way. Under Adobe CS5 the subfolder includes only one name (subfolder) "CS5" and is only 33kb in size. Obviously where it is "incomplete" as the message is telling me.

Thanks,
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

Quote:
Mine does not look that way. Under Adobe CS5 the subfolder includes only one name (subfolder) "CS5" and is only 33kb in size. Obviously where it is "incomplete" as the message is telling me.

Thanks,
Try following these directions and see if it works or not.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
Craig Ryder

Thanks,
These instructions tell me to "Double-click the Adobe Creative Suite product uninstaller." The uninstaller is what I don't have! lol I have no "uninstall" file anywhere in CS5. I have checked the apps about 5 times.

I cant seem to uninstall it in this fashion and if I just put the disk in it tells me that it is already installed and basically spits the disk back out.

Cheers,
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

Quote:
Thanks,
These instructions tell me to "Double-click the Adobe Creative Suite product uninstaller." The uninstaller is what I don't have! lol I have no "uninstall" file anywhere in CS5. I have checked the apps about 5 times.

I cant seem to uninstall it in this fashion and if I just put the disk in it tells me that it is already installed and basically spits the disk back out.

Cheers,
There is a link to download the Adobe CS5 Cleaner Tool on Mac OS.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
Craig Ryder

I check apps on the iMac and CS5 file/app is only 33kb large. It does not include an "uninstall file" ( or much else apparently) so I cant uninstall it that way (My understanding is that there is usually an uninstall included in CS5.) If I reload the program as is, it just tells me that CS5 is already installed and kicks out the disk.

I sent CS5 file to trash and empty trash with CS5 in it. (I did not trash Bridge and the other apps).
I then put the disk in and run install.
Installation prompt says CS5 is "already installed." When I look back in apps it shows a new/updated modified date and CS5 has reappeared and is 33kb.

I'll call Adobe again and Apple too.
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Did you download and run the cleaner tool located in the following link?

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/c...leanerTool.dmg

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
Craig Ryder

Hi:
Thanks everyone.
I got hold of a rep at Adobe who was very helpful. Turns out there was a CS5 uninstall file in the Mac utilities folder (not in the Adobe files at all.) I had not looked there. Once it was properly out of the computer it downloaded correctly.

Thanks everyone for your time and help. Much appreciated.

Cheers
Craig
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

Quote:
Hi:
Thanks everyone.
I got hold of a rep at Adobe who was very helpful. Turns out there was a CS5 uninstall file in the Mac utilities folder (not in the Adobe files at all.) I had not looked there. Once it was properly out of the computer it downloaded correctly.

Thanks everyone for your time and help. Much appreciated.

Cheers
Craig
Glad you got it sorted out.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
dekan

dekan is a jewel in the roughdekan is a jewel in the rough

It's always a good idea to use Spotlight. Might have helped to localize that uninstall file.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhoto and XMP tags | Converting to EPS »