New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Photoshop opinions, about to purchase it

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Tbone

Tbone is on a distinguished road

Hi, I'm about to purchase photoshop elements 9 premiere and am looking for opinions before I buy it. I'll be buying it tomorrow.

Mainly looking for photo editing and adding text/borders to pics
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Why not try it for free before you buy.

photo editor and movie editor software | Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 & Adobe Premiere Elements 9

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

I recently installed Photoshop Elements 9 though I have not run it yet. If you have trouble with the installation create a new user account with administrator privileges and install from there.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
Tbone

Thanks for the info. I hope installing it isn't a problem.
QUOTE Thanks
Tbone

Downloading the trial version now. Thanks again for the help.
QUOTE Thanks
chappers

chappers is on a distinguished road

Installed many Adobe apps, without any problems
QUOTE Thanks
Tbone

Installed and tried the trial version, did what I wanted to but there's so much there it will take some time to figure it all out. Definitely a good program; will continue with the trial and probably buy the full version when the trial expires.

The program wants to take control of all my pics and videos which I don't want. I prefer to keep them in iphoto.
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Clarification to my previous post, In fairness to Adobe whatever was preventing the installation is apparently something specific to my user account.

After several attempted installations over a few days I contacted Adobe through their chat system. The program that lets them view your screen did not install either. After couple of attempts failed the rep had me create a new user account and the installer ran as expected. I should have thought to do this earlier especially since I keep an account around for just these situations.

My one gripe with the Adobe chat system is that if you get dumped from chat for some reason there appears to be no way to pick up where you left off. You have to re-enter the question and get back in line. Which means you probably have to explain the problem to a new person.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
Bob_Stan

Bob_Stan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.5 Ghz Quad Core i7,SSD,3TB Fusio Fusion,32GB . MBPro 2.2Ghz 128GB SSD, 500GB HD, 8GB

I used the trial for two days before buying the full product. Does all I need for my pictures and some of its tricks are almost magical. There are some pretty good video tutorials as well. One nice thing is that when you buy the real version, you don't need to reinstall. You can just enter the serial number on the back of the cd case.

I found it was currently much cheaper from Amazon.com than direct from Adobe.
QUOTE Thanks
Deckyon

Deckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM

There is a reason Adobe Photoshop has been the industry standard for more than a decade. I have used Photoshop since 3.0 for Windows (1996) and have CS3 now. It is, hands down, the most powerful photo and image editing software commercially available.

I am itching to get CS5.5 just for the iPad interaction, but am forcing myself to wait because I will have to buy the full license (ex took my install media and mine is for Windows and Adobe wants me to send the CD's back before they send me a swap-over license for OSX).

MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1GB RAM
MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256MB RAM
iPhone 5S 64GB, iPad Air 2 128 GB LTE, iPod Nano Gen6 8GB, Apple TV 3 & 2
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Using iWork09 Fonts for commercial use? | email via iPhoto »