New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

usb formating ?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sportyone

sportyone is on a distinguished road

Hi, I have a problem?
I am making a slideshow of images to display on a vertically mounted 50" Sony LCD.
all the images have been setup in photoshop as JPG's on my Mac & work from the 4GB Lexar USB perfectly in Preview.
however when putting the USB into the Sony LCD, the slideshow runs through the images fine except it shows a small thumbnail of each image between each of the large full screen images ?
I rang Sony & explained what was happening & they suggested I start by formating the USB Stick to FAT 32 ??

how do I do that on my Mac ? when I go into disk utilities there is no tag for formating to FAT 32 ?

please help me ASAP if you can, how do I do it on my a mac. I have several Mac's using different OS systems from 10.1 to 10.6 if that helps ?

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Open Disk Utility and click the drive you want to erase in the list at the left of the scream Now click the "Erase" tab. On that screen is a drop down menu which I believe defaults to OS X Extended set it to FAT 32. Name the disk and choose erase. ATPM 17.05 - How To: Using the Free Disk Utility on Your Mac

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
sportyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slydude View Post
Open Disk Utility and click the drive you want to erase in the list at the left of the scream Now click the "Erase" tab. On that screen is a drop down menu which I believe defaults to OS X Extended set it to FAT 32. Name the disk and choose erase. ATPM 17.05 - How To: Using the Free Disk Utility on Your Mac
thanks, but my disk utility only drops down to show 4 OS, 1, MS DOS & a UNIX file tags ?

so where do I find the FAT 32 ??
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Selecting the MS DOS option will format the drive as FAT 32.

QUOTE Thanks
sportyone

thanks heaps, cheers
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

No problem.

QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), BenQ second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB

For the record, I very much doubt that will solve the problem. Good luck though.
QUOTE Thanks
Leukeh

Leukeh is a jewel in the roughLeukeh is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM

And keep in mind it's going to erase everything on the USB so make sure you have the images stored on your computer too...

Behance Design/Photography Porfolio
QUOTE Thanks
sportyone

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Aperture Projects and Folders | Iphoto - do I have two versions? Where are my photos! Help thanks »