New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

My first panoramic shot..

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

whitehorse84

whitehorse84 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" 2.4ghz i5 Macbook Pro

shot this last night while in the Bahamas.

Unfortunately I didn't have a tripod (so I have high ISO grain due to a faster shutter speed ) nor a lot of time (had the rest of the bunch yelling at me to get back into the car so we could hit dinner)..

Shot in RAW, converted to DNG, then I changed the WB and a bit of exposure (no real time to tweak).. and merged them 6 photos.

pretty awesome.. once I can really play with it I'll get an awesome one posted.

QUOTE Thanks
Mini_mi

Mini_mi is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2011 MacBook Air, i5 27" IMac, 2010 21.5" IMac, 2010 Mini, 2011 13" MBP, IPhone 4, Airport Extreme

Looks beautiful. I'm jealous of your location
QUOTE Thanks
whitehorse84

thanks! been here for 10 days now.. packing it up tomorrow afternoon..

I think I've taken near 2,100 shots.
QUOTE Thanks
LegendaryApple

LegendaryApple is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Very nice sounds like a good project
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehorse84 View Post

Unfortunately I didn't have a tripod (so I have high ISO grain due to a faster shutter speed ) nor a lot of time (had the rest of the bunch yelling at me to get back into the car so we could hit dinner).
At it's current resolution...it looks pretty good to me!

Thanks for sharing...I find panoramic shots to be pretty cool. Was this one where you took multiple shots...then "stitched" them together with an app.?

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
Feniks80

Feniks80 is on a distinguished road

Great picture, very beautiful.
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

Gorgeous. Wish I was there right now...instead of my office.
QUOTE Thanks
whitehorse84

as soon as I get home I'll throw up a high res link for some of you guys to check out.

I merged the images via photoshop.
QUOTE Thanks
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

Totally jealous! That sunset looks fantastic man, glad you're having such a wonderful time. As for the whole "yelling" so that they can eat part.. .man, tell em' to chill out and take a breath! That's the whole reason you guys are there! Ya don't rush the Bahamas.

I think we're planning such a trip as well, I can't wait!

Doug
QUOTE Thanks
Mac Math

Mac Math has a spectacular aura about

I would crop the left (brick) wall and the right car lights away, other than that it's a nice shot!
QUOTE Thanks
whitehorse84

Thanks guys..

here's another:

QUOTE Thanks
Mac Math

Mac Math has a spectacular aura about

Much beter !
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

Really nice. I think I'll just leave this on the screen all day and tell myself I'm there - instead of here in this office.
QUOTE Thanks
whitehorse84

ha.. well if any of you want a HIGH resolution of it please feel free to shoot me a PM
QUOTE Thanks
Tom_458

Tom_458 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Have a bunch of them

Looks good, what kind of cam and glass are you using? also are you using photoshop or aperture or anything like that to clean up your shots?

www.RedLegionPhotography.com
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How can I warp/map one image to another? Help please. | Downgrade from iMac to MacBook Pro for design work? »