New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

photo organization

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jimaik

jimaik is on a distinguished road

I am a Macbook user. It came with I-Photo, I have Aperture and Light-room as well as Photoshop and Dreamweaver. Here is my problem, I have pics all over in different libraries and just want to store in one location, especially for transfer and edit purposes. I had the I-photo quite some time before the other software. Now when I plug in my camera, it seems that everything downloads into the Aperture Library. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Chris....

Chris.... has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: HOME: imac 24", 2.66GHZ INTEL CORE 2 DUO, 4GB ram, 640GB HD.WORK:G5 Dual 2.7 GHz, 8GB ram

I'm pretty happy with Adobe Bridge.
QUOTE Thanks
Mac Math

Mac Math has a spectacular aura about

Normally you can choose the location of where to put downloaded photos from the camera.
QUOTE Thanks
Sawday

Sawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 24" Aluminium, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb RAM. iPad2, iPhone4

Have you tried moving them?

Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you get.
QUOTE Thanks
jimaik

jimaik is on a distinguished road

Thanks Chas m, but have not spent a penny, it is a work perk for the software and I just put it on, never used any of it yet to be honest. I dont do much more than Aperture, but for some reason the stuff is all over. I looked last night and Lightroom for some reason captures images and webpages from facebook, I deleted over 500 last night. I just want one place to store everything, so I can burn to a DVD or external HD. And get this crap off of my MacBook. I dont even really shoot in raw anymore. Not a power user by any stretch, and until Chris mentioned Bridge, I forget it was part of the Adobe group. If it stores in Aperture, it does not go to any other location ? Thanks for any help
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« how to share a book | Cross Country Tour »