photo organization
    I am a Macbook user. It came with I-Photo, I have Aperture and Light-room as well as Photoshop and Dreamweaver. Here is my problem, I have pics all over in different libraries and just want to store in one location, especially for transfer and edit purposes. I had the I-photo quite some time before the other software. Now when I plug in my camera, it seems that everything downloads into the Aperture Library. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks

Southern Illinois, Born in England.
    HOME: imac 24", 2.66GHZ INTEL CORE 2 DUO, 4GB ram, 640GB HD.WORK:G5 Dual 2.7 GHz, 8GB ram
    I'm pretty happy with Adobe Bridge.

Normally you can choose the location of where to put downloaded photos from the camera.

York, UK
    24" Aluminium, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb RAM. iPad2, iPhone5s
    Have you tried moving them?
    Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you get.

Victoria, BC
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Sounds like you have wasted a fair amount of money on all that extra software (I'm not even sure what Dreamweaver is doing in your post) looking for a photo organization app.

iPhoto should be perfectly adequate (actually, <i>well above adequate</i> for most people's photo-organization needs. If you're shooting more-or-less exclusively in RAW or need to store a really enormous library, then I might suggest Aperture, Lightroom or ACDSee Pro for Mac, depending on how much of the organizing work you want to control yourself. I personally can't stand Adobe Bridge, but it's personal taste I guess.

Thanks Chas m, but have not spent a penny, it is a work perk for the software and I just put it on, never used any of it yet to be honest. I dont do much more than Aperture, but for some reason the stuff is all over. I looked last night and Lightroom for some reason captures images and webpages from facebook, I deleted over 500 last night. I just want one place to store everything, so I can burn to a DVD or external HD. And get this crap off of my MacBook. I dont even really shoot in raw anymore. Not a power user by any stretch, and until Chris mentioned Bridge, I forget it was part of the Adobe group. If it stores in Aperture, it does not go to any other location ? Thanks for any help

Thread Information