Burning events to a dvd
    I have Iphoto 8 and am trying to get the thousands of photos off my PC onto DVD's and am having trouble.
    I would like the DVD to show event file and then open to show photos but no matter how I burn them they show up on the DVD as thousands of loose photo's and no file or event name...what's the trick, if there is one...Thanks, Donna

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by flhtci2004 View Post
    I have Iphoto 8 and am trying to get the thousands of photos off my PC onto DVD's and am having trouble.
    I would like the DVD to show event file and then open to show photos but no matter how I burn them they show up on the DVD as thousands of loose photo's and no file or event name...what's the trick, if there is one...Thanks, Donna
    Have you tried using iDvD?
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

OK...found IDVD (didn't even know it was there) now can you give me a tip on how to burn events onto it. Everything I try with it still give me single photo files?

Moved to Spain in 2000 after enforced early retirement and a bad divorce
    Specs:
    iMac24,iMac27,iMac21.5-i3,iPhone4-32gb,iTouch3.32gb,iPad1,Apple TV,iPodClassic160gbx2
    Quote Originally Posted by flhtci2004 View Post
    OK...found IDVD (didn't even know it was there) now can you give me a tip on how to burn events onto it. Everything I try with it still give me single photo files?
    Do you actually know your Mac ?!?

YouTube - ‪iDVD Tutorial: Basics‬‏

If you can't find the iDvd Tutorial..
    Clue ?
    It's on your Mac !

P.S.Heard of 'Google'??
    Live each day as it comes - it may be your last !?

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Pedropete: let's cut down on snark, eh? People don't tend to get to know EVERYTHING their Mac can do, and often ignore apps until the day comes when they actually need it. Perfectly normal behaviour.

flh: iPhoto can export photos to disk in two different ways: either as an iphoto-compatible library that preserves all that stuff like events, ratings, etc but is only readable by iPhoto (mainly used to MOVE an iPhoto library to another machine) or it can burn a disk of photos that can be read by other machines (but loses some of the peripheral info like star ratings). Both methods are covered by tutorials in iPhoto's help folder -- just type "burning" and you should get both help files on the subject.

There is also a free third-party utility I like called iPhoto to Disk that sounds like it is exactly what you are looking for and makes the whole process a LOT easier. I'd suggest you check it out. Hope that helps.

Thread Information