New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Framed Pictures won't print iWork Pages

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

oowf

oowf is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1 24" iMac - OS X 10.5.6 and 1 17"Macbook Pro same OS

Hello Everyone...

I sure hope someone can help me with this problem I have.

I switched to iWork Pages from MS Office for Mac about three months ago. I had an old HP LaserJet 2605 Printer that was on it's last legs but the complaint was even with new cartridges and taking apart the entire printer and cleaning the lenses and glasses, everything still looked washed out... so I bought a new HP Laserjet CP1025.

It prints great but... if my Pages document images are "Picture Framed" the image does not show... only the frame and a white place where the image should be.

I can copy the entire page and paste it into Adobe and print as a PDF file and still have the same problem.

However, I can paste the entire document into MS Word for Mac and get an excellent printout which makes me think it is NOT a printer issue.

I sure don't want to go back to Word for Mac but I do 'News Letters' that are image intense with picture frames so if I can't get this delima corrected I either need to switch back to Word for Mac or buy a different printer... but then, how will I know if the next printer won't have the same problem.

Can some one help?

iMac: 266 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo
8 GB SD Ram
iWork Pages: Version 09
Printer that works: HP Color Laser jet 2605 (Printer is old and tired and bad)
Printer that doesn't work: HP Color Laser jet CP1025 (One day old)

Thank You!

Life is not about hiding from the storm...
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), BenQ second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB

What format are the pictures?
QUOTE Thanks
oowf

Thank You for your response...

What I do (another reason I really like Pages) is utilize the direct drag from iPhoto into place holders in Pages... consequently, all the photos are in .jpg format.

Do you suppose this makes a difference? I should try different formats and see...

Again, Thanks for responding.

The Oowf

Thank You!

QUOTE Thanks
oowf

Just changed formats to GIF and TIFF with no difference.

Would it help if I posted a pic of what is actually printing as opposed to what shows on my screen? Basically, I'm not getting anywhere near to having WYSIWYG in the print out.

Thank You!

QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), BenQ second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB

Curious: what happens if, instead of using a placeholder frame, you simply drag in a picture, put a frame around it, and try to print? What about if you "print to PDF" (save as PDF) and print from Preview rather than Pages?
QUOTE Thanks
oowf

Thank you for your question.

I deleted the placeholder frame and just dragged a photo into the same position, with the same results. Also, printing to PDF via Preview generates the same results...

Screen shot 2011-06-01 at 9.59.00 AM.jpg

The above is a screenshot of the finished Pages Document just like it is when sent to the printer.

Scanned Printout with Frames.jpg

The above (2nd Image) is what prints (this is a scanned image of the print out) - still using picture frames. It's also exactly what I get when printing as PDF as well.

Scanned Printout Frame removed Pic Only.jpg

This image is after following your suggestion and removing the frame and picture placeholder and just draging a picture in.

Thank you for spending your valuable time with me on this!

It is greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Good books about RAW processing basics, particularly using LR? | more than 10,000 photos? »