New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Professional Slideshow programmes?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

wisp101

wisp101 is on a distinguished road

Hi there.
Can anyone recommend a professional slideshow programme?
I have around 300 photos to turn into a slideshow for output to HDTV on DVD.
I'm also doing two weddings soon and output to DVD would also be necessary.
I've been using Aperture 3 but the slideshow themes are a little limiting.
Can anyone recommend another piece of software?
Thank you in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Try iPhoto. There are many more themes available, it might suit what you're looking for.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
wisp101

Thanks Schweb. I tried that, not good enough to be honest with you. Many of them just don't look professional enough...do you have any other suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute

Well you'd need to help us understand what doesn't look "professional" enough about them in a little more detail.

I know quite a few professionals who have used them and I've seen them used in professional settings. So without some more detail, then I'm not sure where to point you.

QUOTE Thanks
wisp101

Sorry, Schweb, maybe I should have been more specific. What I meant is that quite a few of the themes look like they're for fun and holiday snaps. The other problem is that Aperture and iPhoto don't give you enough control over the slideshow themes so although some of them look okay, it would be nice to be able to have total control over the slideshow. Is there any programme out there that could be recommended to help with this?
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

The only other one I've used is Lightroom.. which is very controllable in terms of your slideshow presentation. Might want to download the trial and see if it fits.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

If you're looking for super granular control, you may need to step up to movie software like iMovie or Final Cut

QUOTE Thanks
wisp101

Thank you, I'll try both of those suggestions and see how it goes.
Much obliged.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Take a look at Photo Presenter
QUOTE Thanks
wisp101

Thanks chas, I'll try that too.
QUOTE Thanks
kaya3

kaya3 is on a distinguished road

I use fotomagico. Good program!
QUOTE Thanks
rocketman766

rocketman766 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 17" Glossy 2.16 gHz/2gig/320g

I understand there are plenty of professionals here, but if you really want to step up the level, maybe you can find a professional photography/video forum where they deal in the higher end products you seek? Those people on those forums and the ones here might very well use the same software... just a thought.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Aperture Master File Issue Expert Help Needed | Adjusting settings in iPhoto/making unneeded duplicate copies. »