New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Photoshop Elements on Mac OSX 10.5.8 PPC

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Akamadoushi

Akamadoushi is an unknown at this point

I used to have a copy of PSE that came with a drawing tablet, but I lost the disc and thus lost the program when I upgraded to a new (to me) computer. PSE 9 is intel only and my computer is a PPC so I've been looking into older versions. PSE 2 and 3 are the only ones in my price range really, but I wanted to make sure they worked before buying one.

After much searching, I found a trial edition of PSE 2 that promised 30 days, but after clicking the 'try' button it gave me an error message and shut down. I'm assuming it's designed to only run under OS 9 or 10.1. I can't find a trial of PSE 3 though, for no lack of trying, and I'm not keen on throwing money away. Can anyone tell me if Photoshop elements 3.0 will run stably on a G4 mac running 10.5.8?

!Fight
!Red
!Sword
!Item
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Elements 6 will run fine on your PPC, and is still sold on Amazon (30). It's very very good too, incredibly powerful.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Best Software For Canoscan N67OU? | iPhoto Images?? »