Thread: iPhoto Images??

iPhoto Images??
    Hi, when I import photos from my sd card into iPhoto I can then view them and all is good. My question is where are the actual jpeg files? For instance if I wanted to burn them on a cd or put them on a memory stick or place them in a document - where are the files?

Thanks

Specs:
    BlackBook 13.3" 2.13ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 2gb SDRAM 160gb HD
    Right click on any photo in iPhoto and when the drop down window appears click on "show file". Finder will open to where the original file is.

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    I wouldn't go around messing with the original files. Just select the pictures you want and drag them to the desktop or where ever you want a copy of the images.
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

Specs:
    iMac: 24" Aluminium, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini2, iPhone5s
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob78 View Post
    Hi, when I import photos from my sd card into iPhoto I can then view them and all is good. My question is where are the actual jpeg files? For instance if I wanted to burn them on a cd or put them on a memory stick or place them in a document - where are the files?

Thanks
    That would depend on whether, in iPhoto preferences, you have opted to actually import the photos into iPhoto or not. If not, they are still (only) on the sd card. If yes (which I think is the default) they are in the iPhoto library (do a spotlight search) AND on the sd card, unless you opted to delete after import.
    Experience teaches you to recognise a mistake when you make it again.

it's simple , create a new folder on desktop
    and select images from iphoto that you want to burn ..
    drag the photo's to the folder you've been created ..

Thanks my prefs say to copy images but I cant find the iphoto library where abouts is this folder (I have done a spotlight search and nothing is found. Thanks

OK thanks, Is this the full resolution file that would have come off my sd card. I just can't get my head round Iphoto viewing images they must be stored on my mac some where.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob78 View Post
    OK thanks, Is this the full resolution file that would have come off my sd card. I just can't get my head round Iphoto viewing images they must be stored on my mac some where.
    if you want to find the source of your photo that you've been moved to iphoto
    please go to home > pictures > right click on iphoto library > show package content ....

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    The above advice from tambalpanci and CameraMike is technically correct but also VERY bad advice that usually results in a corrupted library.

The golden rule of iPhoto is this: anything you want to do to pictures in iPhoto MUST be done from *within* iPhoto.

You want to burn iPhoto images to a disk that can be read on PC? The help file will give you a step-by-step tutorial on it. You can also use the simple "drag out to folder on desktop, burn folder on desktop" method previously mentioned. There's also a third party program Photo to Disk that simplifies this a bit if you need to do it regularly (and is free).

Thread Information