New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

any tips for great quality printing using CANON PIXMA

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

johnphillip

johnphillip is on a distinguished road

I recently bought a Canon Pixma MP497 for photo printing.I already tried aligning and cleaning but when I print a photo using the "canon easy photoprint software" it doesn't look good.

I am using
CANON PIXMA MP497
Glossy Photo Paper
IMAC

any tips would be good.

Thank you.
QUOTE Thanks
IvanLasston

IvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2

What is the input source - i.e. the picture's resolution? What size are you trying to print?

Here is a pretty good reference for megpixel vs print size
Design215 megapixels comparison and maximum print size charts
QUOTE Thanks
johnphillip

I am printing 4 (1274x1910) photos in a A4 glossy paper
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

The only way I can get decent photo's from my Pixma is to print them from preview, as it offers all the quality options that I can't see in Canon's software.
It's a real pain to be honest, but works.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevriano View Post
The only way I can get decent photo's from my Pixma is to print them from preview, as it offers all the quality options that I can't see in Canon's software.
It's a real pain to be honest, but works.
I do the same thing with my Pixma printer. iPhoto is too limited in it's printing preferences. Just go through all the settings and adjust them to how you prefer. Maybe keep a note of how you set everything once you get it how you like it or save it as a "Preset" so you can just select that when you print photos.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
I do the same thing with my Pixma printer. iPhoto is too limited in it's printing preferences. Just go through all the settings and adjust them to how you prefer. Maybe keep a note of how you set everything once you get it how you like it or save it as a "Preset" so you can just select that when you print photos.
Cool. Glad it's not just me then.

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
IvanLasston

IvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2

Well A4 may be a little big for a 4MP picture. The chart is saying ~8x5 is the max you want to go for that size.

I have Photoshop/Adobe CS5 and I tend to print out of that, or preview as suggested before. I don't really use the Canon software for printing.
QUOTE Thanks
johnphillip

thank you for replying on my post.I will try to print using preview

What color matching do you use? Color Sync or Canon Color Matching?
Under color options what do you guys use? standard or vivid color?

Is there any other settings i need to be aware?

thank you.
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Personally I use Canon Color Matching, and Standard.
I don't thinj there's anything to be wary of. Experimentation is the key I guess, as everyone has different tastes.

QUOTE Thanks
stilbonpawan

stilbonpawan is on a distinguished road

Hi,
You can find some companies , that provide support for high quality printing.You can goggle them. I Found one Discount Trade Printer | Color Trade Print Wholesale Printing for the Trade.
There are others also.

Thanks
Pawan
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Best Digital Camera Under $200 | Get $100 off Lightroom 3 now through July 27th »