New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Photoshop Express for iPad?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sierraphotog

sierraphotog is on a distinguished road

Just read that Adobe released Photoshop Express 2.0 for iPad... Has anyone used this? If it supports Bridge or Nikon NEFs this could REALLY add to the toolbar for photogs like me when out in the field!

SteveB
QUOTE Thanks
kpmedia

kpmedia is on a distinguished road

I don't know ... how accurate is the iPad screen for calibrated color?
I may have to test this out in a few weeks.

DVD Burning Problems? Learn which discs work best, and which are to be avoided, at digitalFAQ.com
Don't hate Windows. Just use Parallels! Best of both worlds!
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), BenQ second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB

sierra, kpmedia: you guys are totally barking up the wrong tree.

Photoshop Express is the "baby" edition of Photoshop -- not even remotely close to the power of iPhoto.

It's basically good for -- well, not much in terms of anything to do with serious photography. It's aimed at people who want to take a JPEG or webcam picture, crop it, maybe apply an effect or brighten it a bit, and post it to social networks right away. That is pretty much all it's good for.
QUOTE Thanks
sierraphotog

sierraphotog is on a distinguished road

Since my original post, I've since downloaded the free Photoshop Express and bought the $3.99 camera add-on, and I really like it. I just want to say that I went in knowing that this was NOT a full-blown Photoshop for iPad. My main purpose for getting something for the iPad like this was so that I could easily move JPG images from my Nikon to the iPad, make simple tweaks, and immediately upload to the web while in the field. It turns out that Photoshop Express is fantastic for just this! I've posted a quick review of it on my website: SierraPhoto.

I typically shoot in RAW, but it's only a second to change to JPEG for a quick upload once I get the RAW shots done. My workflow between Nikon, PS Express, and upload is very fast at this point. PS Express is a great little app!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« mobileme to iphoto? | mobile me »