New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

help please

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iluv2fish

iluv2fish is on a distinguished road

Hello,
I have a powerbook G4. I updated as far as I could go with Leopard, For some reason my iPhoto has never updated since 4 It always work just fine. Now I can't email photos. It say:
Mail got an error: Can't get paragraph 8 of content of outgoing message id 8115776. Invalid index.
So then I start finding all these updates. I tried to update to the latest, but it wouldn't let me. So I thought maybe I need to start from the beginning. Downloaded 5.0.4 but it says:
You cannot install iphoto update 5.0.4 on this volume. An eligible iphoto application was not found in the location/Applications/iphoto.app.
iphoto 4.0.3 is in my applications folder. I wonder if thats why it didn't tell me about the updates...It couldn't find it? It worked perfectly for me before the leopard update. I have over 14,000 photos.
Can you help me. Don't know what to do.
Thanks for all help or info.
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

You have iPhoto 4, part of the iLife '04 suite.. To install that update, you will need iPhoto 5, part of the iPhoto '05 suite, which isn't a free update to 4.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluv2fish View Post
Hello,
I have a powerbook G4. I updated as far as I could go with Leopard, For some reason my iPhoto has never updated since 4 It always work just fine. Now I can't email photos. It say:
Mail got an error: Can't get paragraph 8 of content of outgoing message id 8115776. Invalid index.
So then I start finding all these updates. I tried to update to the latest, but it wouldn't let me. So I thought maybe I need to start from the beginning. Downloaded 5.0.4 but it says:
You cannot install iphoto update 5.0.4 on this volume. An eligible iphoto application was not found in the location/Applications/iphoto.app.
iphoto 4.0.3 is in my applications folder. I wonder if thats why it didn't tell me about the updates...It couldn't find it? It worked perfectly for me before the leopard update. I have over 14,000 photos.
Can you help me. Don't know what to do.
Thanks for all help or info.
Nevermind!

EDIT: I would go with the previous post advice (which I just saw).

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
iluv2fish

Thanks for letting me know on the upgrade.
Do you know why it worked all the way up to Leopard??
Do you know if there is a way I can find the error message file and just delete it and see if that would work?? Or is Leopard not compatable with iphoto 4, with all the changes??
This is as far as I can go with my old trusty powerbook & I really didn't want to put more into it. Just want to compress my photo's and email them easier.
Thanks for any input......
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluv2fish View Post
Thanks for letting me know on the upgrade.
Do you know why it worked all the way up to Leopard??
Do you know if there is a way I can find the error message file and just delete it and see if that would work?? Or is Leopard not compatable with iphoto 4, with all the changes??
This is as far as I can go with my old trusty powerbook & I really didn't want to put more into it. Just want to compress my photo's and email them easier.
Thanks for any input......
I'm having trouble searching to get a firm answer on whether or not iLife '04 has known issues with 10.5. However, it was released when OS 10.2 was current and the iLife suite had seen 3 or 4 new releases before OS 10.5 was released, so it's no surprise that iLife '04 will have issues. I'd be skeptical of iLife '05 for that matter.

And no, deleting an error message will not resolve an error.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
iluv2fish

Thanks for your help. Do you know a way I can compress the pictures to send thru an email?? I wonder about the error message: Maybe it's just a mail issue.......

I've tried fixing pref. files.
Wonder what I could delete without problems.

Thanks for all your help.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« itunes iPhone icons? | Adopt Photoshop Elements < or > Paint Shop Pro? »