New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Epub output from iWorks Pages: Images

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

eWriter

eWriter is on a distinguished road

I have created a document in iWorks Pages with about 30 images. I cannot export an epub file that contains more than 6 of the images (including the cover). Is anyone aware of an actual limit, or do I have a different issue with my document? I have reduced the image sizes with no effect. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

There's no limit. I would carefully compare the file format of the various images to find the likely root of the problem.
QUOTE Thanks
eWriter

What's interesting, is that if I delete some of the first few images in the Pages file, then an equal number of later images appear in the exported ePub, but always only 6... All the images are jpegs generated as exports from an InDesign file, all the same size and resolution.
QUOTE Thanks
eWriter

I have since learned that there is a file size limit (11 Mb) per chapter. By breaking my book into chapters I solved my issue.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

eWriter:

Thank you SO MUCH for following up with an answer. It would not have occurred to me to look in that direction, and your tip will come in handy for future reference.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Cool trick to freak out your friends... | iPhoto shows the smallest thumbnails not photos »