Uploading pictures
    Hi. I am having trouble uploading pictures from my Imac. It used to work automatically, but now the image capture device doesn't recognize it. When I click on the camera window I get the following message: No Camera was found.

I have about a 3 year old Imac, version 10.5.8.

Thanks for the help!

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Somehow you've managed to avoid telling us what sort of device you're trying to connect to Image Capture. Without that information, it will be very difficult to guess at what might be going on.

Hi. I am just using the software that came with the computer: ImageCapture. I also have photoshop elements 4.0, but have never uploaded into that program. Not sure how to do that either.

Arrrrrrgh!

Thanks for your help.

Specs:
    iMac: 24" Aluminium, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini2, iPhone5s
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Daley View Post
    Hi. I am just using the software that came with the computer: ImageCapture. I also have photoshop elements 4.0, but have never uploaded into that program. Not sure how to do that either.

Arrrrrrgh!

Thanks for your help.
    That's as maybe but what are you downloading from? A Camera? The internet? We need to know.
    Experience teaches you to recognise a mistake when you make it again.

Hi.

I have a canon powershot SD780. I have tried 2 different cords, and my printer works from the bay, so it isn't the bay... It worked fine a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully it is just a 'setting' which got flipped, and needs to be changed back.

Is there a download upgrade of the imagecapture? Perhaps that would resolve the issue. I looked but couldn't find that either, and I don't know how to upload on to photoshop elements.

Thanks all!

Specs:
    You shouldn't really need to use image capture. Does finder not recognise the camera when plugged in? if so use that to copy the pictures over. Did the Camera come with it's own software? If so use that.

That said you are probably confusing people with your intial "I am having trouble uploading pictures from my Imac" Didn't you mean "uploading TO my imac?"

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    Did you turn on the camera and set it to Playback mode?
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Specs:
    MBP 17"(2.8 ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB mem), 21.5" Imac, 15" MBP (2.4 ghz) all running ML
    I have been having the same problem on my imac. Image browser doesn't open when I insert my card into the card reader. Finder doesn't even show it as a drive. It works fine on my mbp so I know it's not the reader. I like image browser(a Canon program) because it puts the files in to folders by date. I have to open image capture in order to have it show up and then do it manually. I can't figure it out.

Specs:
    Does Image Browser have a preference setting and if so is it set to open automatically? My D90 is not recognised by my imac when attached but I've set Nikon Transfer to load and that does the copy. Also have you tried connecting the camera directly rather than just the card in a reader?

Bob: Yes, the camera is turned on. Ordinarily, all I have to do was plug it in, turn it on, and the image browser would open automatically and begin uploading. I do not know about 'playback' mode, but I did 'reset' all the settings back to their original settings, just in case but to no avail.

It's getting curiouser and curiouser...

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    Bob: Yes, the camera is turned on. Ordinarily, all I have to do was plug it in, turn it on, and the image browser would open automatically and begin uploading. I do not know about 'playback' mode, but I did 'reset' all the settings back to their original settings, just in case but to no avail.

It's getting curiouser and curiouser...
    You might want to open your owner's manual for the camera. It specifically states you need to set it to playback mode to transfer pics.

Have a similar camera one of the guys at work uses for taking jobsite photos and that camera also has to be changed to the proper mode to upload pics to my windows machine or it just sits there unrecognized by any of my applications.

Here's the Mac user guide for your camera - link.

Funny thing is, while the owner's manual says to set it to playback mode, it doesn't say HOW to accomplish this.

I am keeping my sense of humor.

Specs:
    Funny thing is, while the owner's manual says to set it to playback mode, it doesn't say HOW to accomplish this.

I am keeping my sense of humor.
    It's the button with the right pointing triangle/arrow as any google search would have revealed.

Specs:
    In case that doesn't help - Owner's Manual - page 27

Dang! I was hoping it was something I hadn't tried.

Thread Information