New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Opinions on Canon D60

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

viezu

viezu is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Ipad 3g 64gb, Iphone 4, MBP 15 i7, Hi-Res A/Glare, 512mb Grafix, 500Gb 7200rpm Drive, 8Gb Ram

Anyone used one of these, your thoughts ?
QUOTE Thanks
Sawday

Sawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 24" Aluminium, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb RAM. iPad2, iPhone4

I think you might mean the Canon 60D. The D60 is a Nikon!

Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you get.
QUOTE Thanks
viezu

viezu is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Ipad 3g 64gb, Iphone 4, MBP 15 i7, Hi-Res A/Glare, 512mb Grafix, 500Gb 7200rpm Drive, 8Gb Ram

Sorry, yes, I mean the 60D
QUOTE Thanks
Sawday

Sawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 24" Aluminium, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb RAM. iPad2, iPhone4

I narrowed my choice down to this and the Nikon D90. In the end I managed to find a shop that had both models so I could try them in my hand. I was there an hour but in the end the Nikon just pipped it for me - I recall that the placement of the shutter button was just that much easier with my small hands. And yes it really was that close!

Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you get.
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

+1 on going to the store and trying them out. Honestly, it is hard to go wrong buying any current DSL from Canon or Nikon. The main deciders are how does it fit you and do you have an investment in lenses and accessories for either brand.
You own skill is going to be far more of a determiner in ultimate photo quality than the specs on modern DSLs.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
GinoLicious

GinoLicious is an unknown at this point

I dont have a problem with this cameras. I perfer them over the Nikons. it is a good entery level camera. Mind you the XSI, or XTi's i forget what they call em now are pretty crazy. Or even the new Sony DSLRs that got the nice self cleaning lens. Not sure, probably a lot of companies are doing that now, but I'm rocking a Canon and got no issues with it.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« ibook g4 leopard wont run SKETCHBOOK express? | Images in Office 11 for Mac »