New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Facebook Group Photos from my Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jcouchjr

jcouchjr is on a distinguished road

Hey guys,

Pretty new to the Mac world and loving it so far! I've been using iPhoto to import, edit, and organize my photos and it's been very cool for all I need it to do. However, I've run into one problem. I have a bunch of pictures I want to upload to a Facebook group page and I don't know how to find them on the hard drive. Since it's a group and not my personal page I can't use the Facebook upload feature in iPhoto, I have to us the Facebook upload function. Some searching online has pretty much led me to believe we can't get access to those pictures as iPhoto keeps them pretty buried. Anybody have a solution to this?

Thanks!
Jonathan
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Find the pictures you want to share in iPhoto and drag them to your desktop. Then you'll have the files you can upload.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Go into iPhoto and select the Pic you want. Then hit the Info tab down the bottom and it will open a menu on the right of the iPhoto window.
Look for the file name and copy and paste it.
Now go into Finder and in the search box paste the file name in there and then it should give you options of a few ?? Click and highlight that one then look down the bottom to the Path that it shows ...

Cheers

EDIT : Or do it schweb's way adding to that make a new folder on the desktop and pt them all in there

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Oh yeah, and you're welcome.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
chesbak

chesbak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
schweb's way (highly recommended over tm's method) creates a copy of the photo(s) on your desktop for uploading. Once successfully updated, you can delete the photos on your desktop ... The "originals" are all safe and sound in iphoto.
aha aha! +1

:Confused
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Uploading pictures | Aperture and Facebook »