New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Downloading files to photoshop

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

zues

zues is on a distinguished road

Bear with me folks.....I have been trying to download picture files from my card reader onto my Mac.I can see the files as thumbnails but as i try to put into photoshop cs3 does not recognize this type of file........any ideas? cheers
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

What type of file are they?

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
zues

Hi thanks for replying,CR2 i think.....i took loads of pictures on my memory card put them in my card reader.i can see the thumbnails but when i try to edit them in cs3 it says it cant recognize files......
QUOTE Thanks
zues

im not a techno guy so i talk in lay mans term.....Sorryyyyy
QUOTE Thanks
zues

raw files
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Make sure your CS3 is updated. You'll also want to check at Adobe's site to make sure CS3 even supports CR2 or RAW files from your type of camera.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
hamo

hamo is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac Intel Core i5

why dont you copy the files from your card reader into a folder and batch them into jpeg format? then direct photoshop to the folder

http://www.imageconverterplus.com/he...d-formats/cr2/
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamo View Post
why dont you copy the files from your card reader into a folder and batch them into jpeg format? then direct photoshop to the folder

Canon photo RAW CR2 File format | Extension .cr2
What's the point in shooting in RAW if you are just going to batch them into Jpeg? >_<"

You still need to view it and see if they are exposed correctly and do some editing before compressing a RAW into a Jepeg.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
zues

looked at that link,still have not a clue what to do,told you i'm not savvy lol.Itake it i need to pay for that programme?
QUOTE Thanks
zues

thats right,i need to edit them in RAW mode then make them jpegs........i just cant open them in raw mode in PS
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Have you tried doing a software update? Adobe Camera Raw Plugin-In X.X.X should be there. If not try running a google search for this: Adobe Camera Raw Plug-In 4.1.1

Download and install and see if it works.

Someone apparently had the same problem as you before. Link to the thread.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
zues

thanks guys all sorted.........................
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« image cut out | iphoto with goofy background »