New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Photo Filters program for MAC

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ToNeOS

ToNeOS is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro OS 10.6.3

I was looking for a simple photo filtering program for MAC. I have a few programs for my android device that make placing different filters on any picture so easy. I was looking for a similar program for mac. Something that can swap colors, fisheye effect.. etc ...

Can u guys recommend some apps?
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

There is always gimp? I like Pixelmator, not free but it's very simple, clean and easy to use.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
ToNeOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
There is always gimp? I like Pixelmator, not free but it's very simple, clean and easy to use.
thanks for the suggestions .. those seam to be icons,images .. basically anything editor ...

looking for something that jut deals with pictures .. and just adds different filters to them ... like making picture ... look drawn, black n white, comic .. etc etc
QUOTE Thanks
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

There are a few online image editors that will do the trick for you. Photoshop.com has an online editor called Photoshop Express. It's also an app for the iPhone and Android phones as well. Just create an account and it's free. Works pretty well.

There's also http://www.picnik.com/ and of course Picasa that does a certain amount of editing.

Just do a Google search for "Online photo editor" and you'll get a bunch more. No need for a dedicated app just to do those silly things.

Doug
QUOTE Thanks
ToNeOS

picnik looks pretty cool

that is basically what i was looking for ... thanks

more recommendations are also welcome....

thanks guys for your assistance
QUOTE Thanks
nicecrew

nicecrew is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Model Name: MacBook Model Identifier: MacBook3,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Sp

Funtastic photos is a good one. Its a downloadable app for mac.
Heres a download link: Funtastic Photos (Mac) - Download.
Not too basic but not too complicated either. It has more features than you would find online.
Good Luck!
nicecrew

[SIZE="2"] Macbook ownwer (3,1) Macbook Pro owner Ipod nano owner HP Pavililion owner
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Switch default import to Aperture 3? | Jpeg files »