New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Adobe LR 2.0 and Snow Leopard

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

BDD888

BDD888 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 27" quad-core iMac, 8GB RAM, 2TB HD...15" MBP w/ 4GB RAM...etc.

Hi,

I just received my new 27" iMac. Tried installing Lightroom 2.0. No luck.

I noticed the box and PDF say it only supports up to 10.5. Tried installing 2.0 anyway 3x. No luck. Yet, I was able to install CS4 without troubles. The documentation for CS4 also said it only supports up to Mac OS X 10.5. Snow Leopard is 10.6. Am I out of luck here? Am I going to have to buy LR3? I assume LR3 supports 10.6.
QUOTE Thanks
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

I really don't see why it wouldn't work. I know for a fact that I've had 10.6.4 with LR2 installed on it prior to updating. Not sure what is causing the problems. In fact, here's a list of compatible and non compatible software. LR2.4 checks out just fine:

Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard compatibility table - Snow Leopard Compatibility

Doug
QUOTE Thanks
BDD888

Seems LR 2.0 is the one that is not compatible with 10.6.

I posted this question on the Adobe company forum. Ended up downloading LR 2.7 and using my serial # (for 2.0...should have downloaded 3.0). Works.

And about my 12-in-1 I did try the other ports on my iMac. Same thing. Read other devices. So maybe I bought the pre-2.0 USB version? Might go buy the new "dual-slot" Sandisk. Should work with all capacities and speeds if they had a 32GB 600x UDMA card in one for advertising.
QUOTE Thanks
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDD888 View Post
Seems LR 2.0 is the one that is not compatible with 10.6.

I posted this question on the Adobe company forum. Ended up downloading LR 2.7 and using my serial # (for 2.0...should have downloaded 3.0). Works.

And about my 12-in-1 I did try the other ports on my iMac. Same thing. Read other devices. So maybe I bought the pre-2.0 USB version? Might go buy the new "dual-slot" Sandisk. Should work with all capacities and speeds if they had a 32GB 600x UDMA card in one for advertising.
Ah, see I assumed that you had actually downloaded the update (2.7). But I wasn't aware that 2.0 its self wouldn't install, which seems a bit odd still. You'll have to pay for the 3.0 version though because it's an upgrade, not just an update. It's also very well worth it. We're up to 3.3 now. Very fast, great noise reduction and other goodies as well. The entire algorithm in fact, has been re-worked and really shows in terms of sharpening and other editing.

Doug
QUOTE Thanks
BDD888

Hi Doug,

So we're up to LR 3.3 now. Will think it over. I'll have to buy the 3.0 upgrade then d/l the 3.3 update. The upgrade is only $105.00 CAD.
QUOTE Thanks
IvanLasston

IvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2

Also consider that Aperture is $80 US in the App store. I had LR 2.0 and bought Aperture 3.0. I am still trying to import files so the jury is out.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/apert...08981426?mt=12
QUOTE Thanks
BDD888

I have aperture 2. Didn't like the GUI.

I have since installed LR 2.7. Using that along with CS4. May later upgrade to LR 3 and CS5.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Jpeg files | Pantone colors in Pages »