New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

I need a logo designed :)

Thread Closed

ItzzJake

ItzzJake is on a distinguished road

Can someone please make a logo? If it is really good, and i mean really, i will give $3 paypal.

I want it to say "Tech Revolution" with a blue fist like this http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_-BFn09ebLQ...revolution.jpg

Thanks

Macbook 2.13 GHz- 160GB Hard Drive- 2GB memory - Snow Leopard]
Droid X
HP Pavillion Elite - 2.80 GHz - 1.5TB Hard Drive - 8GB memory - Windows 7 (Let me know if it's combatible with Hackintosh )
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItzzJake View Post
Can someone please make a logo? If it is really good, and i mean really, i will give $3 paypal.
WOW $3.00 bucks...last of the BIG spenders! Three bucks doesn't even get a value meal at McDonald's!

I realize that you may not have a lot of money...but a "really good, and i mean really" designed logo is worth a lot more then $3 bucks!

Personally (if I was to do it)...I would just do it for free...receiving a heart-felt thanks payment enough!

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
ItzzJake

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
WOW $3.00 bucks...last of the BIG spenders! Three bucks doesn't even get a value meal at McDonald's!

I realize that you may not have a lot of money...but a "really good, and i mean really" designed logo is worth a lot more then $3 bucks!

Personally (if I was to do it)...I would just do it for free...receiving a heart-felt thanks payment enough!

- Nick
Haha, i know it isnt much. And i have more money, i just wanted to throw a low starting price. If it is really good i will go higher. I just dont want to get an average logo and pay money.

Wow, i feel cheap

Droid X
HP Pavillion Elite - 2.80 GHz - 1.5TB Hard Drive - 8GB memory - Windows 7 (Let me know if it's combatible with Hackintosh )
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wow, i feel cheap
I totally understand not wanting to pay any more for something than necessary!

Next time (if there is a next time)...don't say..."I'll pay $3.00 if it's really good."...just say something more open-ended like..."Willing to pay for a really well designed logo."

Then you can negotiate "via PM" how much you would be willing to pay. Honestly...I wouldn't even turn on my computer for $3.00!

- Nick

- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
ItzzJake

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
I totally understand not wanting to pay any more for something than necessary!

Next time (if there is a next time)...don't say..."I'll pay $3 if it's really good."...just say something more open-ended like..."Willing to pay for a really well designed logo."

Then you can negotiate "via PM" how much you would be willing to pay. Honestly...I wouldn't even turn on my computer for $3.00!

- Nick
Okay, thanks for the info

(bump?)

Droid X
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

You look kind of young judging by your avatar pic, but being young alone does not automatically put you in a position to be naive about life in general. People who design for a living don't give out work for free, and it's pretty insulting to think that someone's time would be worth three dollars for them to do this for you or anyone else.

You first should have been straight forward and said that you can't afford to pay, but would like to ask a favor. Perhaps you'll get someone to do it whom isn't a professional graphic artist/designer etc... When I looked at the title of the thread I was going to help out, but after reading the last bit, I did a total 360˚
ItzzJake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug b View Post
You look kind of young judging by your avatar pic, but being young alone does not automatically put you in a position to be naive about life in general. People who design for a living don't give out work for free, and it's pretty insulting to think that someone's time would be worth three dollars for them to do this for you or anyone else.

You first should have been straight forward and said that you can't afford to pay, but would like to ask a favor. Perhaps you'll get someone to do it whom isn't a professional graphic artist/designer etc... When I looked at the title of the thread I was going to help out, but after reading the last bit, I did a total 360˚
I'm sorry

Droid X
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Just give a bit more info publicly as well. If someone does pop in and read this and wants to play around without having to track you down to find out more, if you give us more now, then next time you log in someone might post a mockup or something to look at.

Like : Do you have a favourite font ??

What sort of blue ??

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
Chris....

Chris.... has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: HOME: imac 24", 2.66GHZ INTEL CORE 2 DUO, 4GB ram, 640GB HD.WORK:G5 Dual 2.7 GHz, 8GB ram

chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

... I love it!

PS. ItzzJake ... don't feel bad. We've all done or said something embarrassing or naive. You clearly didn't intend to insult anyone -- a lot of guys here do that sort of thing for a living so they had very different expectations of what you meant than you did, that's all. Forums can be a little "wild west" sometimes for new people.

Graphic Design is a field that requires a lot of study, skill and time to master -- so people who do it professionally consider their efforts very valuable. As you've figured out now, it's best to put out some "feelers" to get some knowledge of what's involved when asking about services you can't do yourself. I would probably have been equally "insulting" if I asked some band to perform at my next party, since I have no idea what would be appropriate to pay them (and that varies based on other factors).

Hope the artwork above will do ya (well done Chris!) and I hope you'll stick around. We can be nice sometimes too!
ItzzJake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.... View Post
Dude, thats great! But i need to somehow fit it in the upper left hand corner of this website.

The Tech Revolution

So maybe the tech revolution, then the fist right next to it?

Thanks alot to everybody, i really appreciate the help and advice

Droid X
pigoo3

Quote:
Dude, thats great! But i need to somehow fit it in the upper left hand corner of this website.

So maybe the tech revolution, then the fist right next to it?
Now "Mr. Cheapo" is getting picky & demanding!

Is that $3.00 bucks going to be paid in a "lump sum"...or will it have to be in 6 monthly installments?

Just teasing,

- Nick

[DT]

[DT] has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP 15" 16/500/2.3GHz, iPad 4 32GB, iPhone 5 32GB

- Cheap
- Good
- Fast

Pick two
pigoo3

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DT] View Post
- Cheap
- Good
- Fast

Pick two
Great...I love it!

- Nick

Chris....

Chris.... has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: HOME: imac 24", 2.66GHZ INTEL CORE 2 DUO, 4GB ram, 640GB HD.WORK:G5 Dual 2.7 GHz, 8GB ram

Thread Closed

« Photoshop CS5 & brush sizing | iPhoto Library Size »