Thread: iPhoto and text

iPhoto and text
    Is there any method in iPhoto (Macbook Pro, v 10.6.5) to put text ACROSS a photo?

No, but you could use Keynote or power point to do this.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    I'll never understand why people want to deface their ORIGINAL photos* with text.

*well, iPhoto won't actually let you do that, but it is what people think they want to do.

For those people who want to make DUPLICATES of their photos and deface them in various ways, there's the free Portraits & Prints, there is the aforementioned Keynote, or Pages, Photoshop/Elements, Pixelmator, and a dozen other such programs at least.

Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    I'll never understand why people want to deface their ORIGINAL photos* with text.

*well, iPhoto won't actually let you do that, but it is what people think they want to do.

For those people who want to make DUPLICATES of their photos and deface them in various ways, there's the free Portraits & Prints, there is the aforementioned Keynote, or Pages, Photoshop/Elements, Pixelmator, and a dozen other such programs at least.
    Christmas cards come to mind.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFlake View Post
    Christmas cards come to mind.
    A Christmas Card is not what I'm talking about at all. iPhoto doesn't let you write on the photo at all so you obviously can't do it there, and in order to use a program that DOES do captions you have to *make a copy of the photo,* which I don't have any problem with at all.

Pages can do this, the programs I already suggested, etc.

What boggles my mind are people who want to scrawl on their ONLY COPY of a digital photo IN IPHOTO.

Maybe it's just me, but to me that's like getting a tattoo ... someday, you'll look back on it and think "WTH was I thinking?"

(uh oh, here comes Tattooed Mac ... look busy everybody!)

Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    A Christmas Card is not what I'm talking about at all. iPhoto doesn't let you write on the photo at all so you obviously can't do it there, and in order to use a program that DOES do captions you have to *make a copy of the photo,* which I don't have any problem with at all.

Pages can do this, the programs I already suggested, etc.

What boggles my mind are people who want to scrawl on their ONLY COPY of a digital photo IN IPHOTO.

Maybe it's just me, but to me that's like getting a tattoo ... someday, you'll look back on it and think "WTH was I thinking?"

(uh oh, here comes Tattooed Mac ... look busy everybody!)
    Whoa! I am in agreeance on the photo portion, I was just giving a reason that someone might want to "scrawl" on a photo.

If you look above, I mentione using Power Point or Keynote.

Specs:
    iMac: 24" Aluminium, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini2, iPhone5s
    Putting "iphoto text" into Search would have brought you many answers to this very popular query.
    Experience teaches you to recognise a mistake when you make it again.

Thread Information