New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

trouble using Iphoto - please help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Anita

Anita is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure I should be using iPhoto to import my pictures. I also use a PC at work and often want to copy my folders to a pen drive. With iPhoto, I either have to drag each folder manually or export each folder, but in both cases it is altering the date of the picture from when it was taken to when it was exported. Am I doing it wrong? Is there any way to export pictures from iPhoto keeping the original date? Thanks !
QUOTE Thanks
newscribe

newscribe has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad

Hi,

Not 100% sure re date change but possibly the date change is reflecting the last time the file was accessed rather than when the actual photo was taken.

If you are using both a Mac and PC for viewing photos and just want to transfer them form one to another, why not just copy the photos you want from your photo / pictures folder on the Mac to USB stick then from there to the photo folder or where ever you want on the PC and visa versa this way you should defiantly not see a date change.
QUOTE Thanks
Anita

Thanks ! I actually don't have an organized pictures folder because I import directly into iPhoto, so all I see is the iPhoto library. when I copy/paste or drag from iPhoto is when the date changes...
QUOTE Thanks
Anita

Thanks so much chas_m. Real time saver. I was seriously considering quitting iPhoto altogether...

Do you have any tips on backuping videos? Is it OK to download straight to iMovie? If so, what's the best way to back up the files?

Thanks again !
QUOTE Thanks
Spartan07

Spartan07 is on a distinguished road

Guys,
Struggling to understand where all my photo duplicates are coming from and how Iphoto handles them.
I assume that all photos are held in normal folders in finder and you have to import them to Iphoto? Does this duplicate them in finder?
If I need to remove duplicates should I be working wuth finder?

Sorry very confused at this end.

Mike
QUOTE Thanks
Spartan07

Spartan07 is on a distinguished road

Thats very helpful thanks. To be sure though I would like to remove all the duplicates in my finder folders, back them up and switch to Iphoto. I know this has been asked a million times but to find duplicates in Finder folders what the best app or process to use.

Thanks,

Mike
QUOTE Thanks
Sawday

Sawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 24" Aluminium, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb RAM. iPad2, iPhone4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan07 View Post
Thats very helpful thanks. To be sure though I would like to remove all the duplicates in my finder folders, back them up and switch to Iphoto. I know this has been asked a million times but to find duplicates in Finder folders what the best app or process to use.

Thanks,

Mike
"Find Duplicate Files" from Araxis works well for me.

Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you get.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 10.6 Glitch | Aperture 3 »