New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Import from web into iPhoto

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tomslola

tomslola is on a distinguished road

hi.. I cannot save images from the internet to the iphoto library. what i did was click on the image, click save images as...... but it doesnt work.. what happend? can some one help me? thanks
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Hi tomslola and welcome to the forums ...

A easy way i have found is to just simply *click* and *drag* the image on the web you want to the iPhoto icon in the dock. once you drop the picture onto the iPhoto icon, it weill then OPEN iPhoto and them ask if you want to import said image. Click yes and its as simple as that.

You can also *click* and *drag* the photo onto your desktop and if you have a few drop them all on the desktop them cmd ~ A will select all on desktop them drag all of them to iPhoto

Hope that helps some

Cheers

EDIT : My bad. When you click and drag to iPhoto it doesnt ask to import it does it automatically

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Of course one should be aware that most images found on the web are a) VERY LOW RESOLUTION which severely limits what you might want to do with them and b) are probably protected by copyright which further limits what you can do with them.

Basically, if you didn't take the picture and want to do anything more than look at it offline, you should probably ask permission.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« recommend decent photo printer | problem with iPhoto, please help »