IMAC OS verson 10.6.5.
    recommend decent photo printer
    I have an IMAC OS verson 10.6.5. My printer is a Canon Pixma MP 610. I do my photo editing (I"m still a rookie) in Adobe Photoshop Elements and save the edited photos in iPHOTO. When I print photos, however, I never seem to get the contrast or color saturation that I see when I review my photos in iPHOTO. Can anyone recommend an appropriate, not too expensive printer which will allow me to print higher quality photos? Thanks.

2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    I have a Canon Pixma MP620 and just used it the other day to print some family photos for hanging up around the house.
    One thing I noticed is when printing from iPhoto you have limited printing preferences options. If I make a copy of the photo into a folder in Finder (or on the Desktop) then open it in Preview and print the photo from there, I get ALL of the Canon printer driver options. I can make the print quality higher and choose vivid photo, contrast settings, etc. etc. I'd at least try doing that first if I was you before looking into buying a whole new printer. Might just be as simple as that. Maybe...
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

IMAC OS verson 10.6.5.
    Pixma printing
    Thanks - I'll try that first!

MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    If you did color corrections and stuff print from within Adobe Elements. The colors will print closer to what you did than iPhoto ever will.

North Louisiana, USA
    2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone 6+
    Try what the guys suggested first. I would never have thought of that since I don't print out of iPhoto. If making adjustments with the additional printing features still doesn't yield good results, try running the color calibration routine (Displays Preference Pane on the Color tab). It helped me get the monitor and an Epson printer in better sync. It is not as good as a dedicated profiling program but good enough for most uses. I can also say from experience that the paper used can also significantly affect the printout.
    Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling

Thread Information